Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, July 19, 2010

    Fiction's Up

    and you can find it over at Cezanne's Carrot. I am very pleased with the way they've done the art and layout. Make sure you check out the other contributors as well. Good stuff.

    I have another two weeks, then I'm on break. JALL will get one last front-end polish and then it's going out there into the publishing world to find a happy home, let's hope. I'm shooting the moon. We'll see.

    I am toying with the idea of starting a new blog featuring all my new adventures in nursing school. Any takers?

    Oh! And Big News -- I'll be meeting for the first time a couple of old Blogger friends in August.

    Labels: , ,

    7 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    In order:

    Whoo Hoo: I just started Wing but I wanted to write before some other emergency comes up. Will read and comment on that later.

    JALL: Like applying to College and sending the kid off all in one?

    Nursing Blog: Hell Yes! Then we can all write the fan fiction versions of your adventures in Nursing school. Heck, I think I've already seen "Adventures in Nursing School" nudge wink.

    OBFs: Old Blogger Friends? Did they know before you thought they were old, cuz they do now.

    Happy July 20th!

    9:17 AM, July 20, 2010  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Another Hell Yes on the nursing blog, Hell Yes! I will read JALL and get back to you.

    9:27 PM, July 20, 2010  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    That is such a great illustration for Wing.

    You have time to blog? Then a third hell yes.

    3:26 PM, July 21, 2010  
    Blogger jaded wrote in a love letter...

    All excellent news.

    6:06 PM, July 21, 2010  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    I see this as the basis for a Torchwood script. Particularly as they have dabbled in multiple war time flashbacks/crossovers.

    Anyone else? Am I just geeking out?
    ------
    Questions/comment: In this transition - "He reads your face as well, the hope of who he brings home. He shakes his head and you know at last that she really is gone"

    I think I know what you meant and I liked it (as much as someone can "like" the crushing sadness that is implied) but it didn't work for me first time through. I thought is was to abrupt. Is that just my simple reading of it?

    What is it the child sees that lets him know it's not Mom? Sadness in Dad's eyes that it can't be her. Is the Dad surprised that the kid thinks it might be Mom. As Dad knows it can't be?

    Am I (the reader) not supposed to know for sure?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    9:58 AM, August 05, 2010  
    Blogger dodo bdr wrote in a love letter...

    شركات نقل الاثاث الرياض
    شركة تنظيف الموكيت بالرياض
    تنظيف فلل
    تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركات تنظيف خزانات الرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات
    شركات نظافة بالرياض
    شركه نظافه في جدة
    شركات مكافحة الحشرات جدة
    click here
    click here
    click here
    click here
    click here
    click here
    click here
    click here

    3:14 AM, May 04, 2014  
    Blogger necmettin karadağlı wrote in a love letter...

    En seçkin erotik shop 'lar arasında yer alan firmamızda bütün sex shop ürünlerini güvenle alabilirsiniz kapıda ödeme seçeneğimiz vardır paketlerin üzerinde seks shop ve benzeri reklamlar bulunmaz, tamamen gizli gönderim yapılır

    2:46 AM, June 03, 2014  

    Post a Comment

    << Home