Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, June 07, 2010

    A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

    And we have what is sadly becoming a yearly thing; a new post from me.

    First off, I have old fiction published in a new place: Everyday Weirdness. It's a wonderful online journal featuring a new story every day. You can find mine on April 29, 2010, here:

    http://everydayweirdness.com/e/20100429/


    And "Wing" has also found a home and will be featured in an upcoming issue of Cezanne's Carrot:

    http://www.cezannescarrot.org/

    As soon as I know when, I'll pass that on.

    "Just Another Love Letter" is in it's final (I promise!) draft, after undergoing some serious critiquing from all my beloved Beta Readers. I have an entirely new first chapter written for it, and am squishing together the next two, bringing us closer to the Really Good Stuff much faster. I think Sara benefits from having a new mentor right out of the gate, one who does his best to shoo her away from Penemuel. Ah, conflict.

    Nursing school is eating me alive. 'Nuff said. I met with my most critical Beta Reader the other day, and he asked me how I had slept the night before, knowing that he was going to Kung Pao critique my book the next day. I told him this was relaxing; what keeps me awake is the thought of accidentally killing someone.

    That said, I got straight A's this semester. Well, two A's and two A-s, which actually count against my GPA. Fuckers.

    Labels:

    7 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Glad to hear you are alive. Also, A- counts as an A. I was asked about this just this morning by my daughter, so i know it's true.

    1:02 PM, June 07, 2010  
    Blogger jaded wrote in a love letter...

    Professors grade the learning process...Life grades the knowing process.

    I'm glad things are moving forward with the writing.

    6:29 AM, June 08, 2010  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Wait- who are you?

    7:16 PM, June 08, 2010  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Don't worry it hasn't been a year and after all, you've been busy not killing people. That can be exhausting.

    Congrats on the published works. That's so cool. It's encouraging to know that there is life after the baby/toddler/preschool stage.

    4:51 AM, June 09, 2010  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    and you got paid! don't forget that little nugget!

    looking forward to seeing Wing in print. what a good story.

    2:03 PM, June 09, 2010  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    When do I get to read it? I can be brutal too!!

    Congrats on being so busy doing cool stuff you aren't frittering around on blogger...

    10:15 AM, July 19, 2010  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, guys!! I miss you all. Jaded, where can I find you now? Shoot me an email!

    9:17 PM, July 19, 2010  

    Post a Comment

    << Home