Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, February 28, 2009

    It's not BAD news...

    ...but it's not really news at all. Or is it? You decide:



    From email:



    Subject: Ready for Review

    Dear NancyPants,

    Thank you for applying to the The Big State College of Nursing.
    We have finished processing your application. It is now complete
    and ready for the review process.

    In early to mid-March, admission decisions will be mailed for
    Summer 2009 and Spring 2010 entry terms.



    Pins and needles, people! Pins and needles!

    It's time for Rudi's No-Fail Steely Dan Sigil (Thanks, Rudi!)



    Update: My hor(ror)oscope. GA! :

    The enterprising Aries Moon provokes us to take action, but starting
    something new is not so easy today as impulsive Mars forms an annoying
    quincunx with restrictive Saturn. We may feel as if every move we
    attempt to make is blocked by unchangeable circumstances. Talking
    about it won't help, for communicator Mercury semisquares obstinate
    Pluto. Fortunately, the Moon's entry into stubborn Taurus at
    10:32 pm EST gives us the determination we need.

    You may be quite subdued now, even if you are still feeling hopeful
    and enthusiastic. It's just that you might learn something that
    makes you aware of how much additional time and money may be
    required to complete a project. It may be impossible for you to
    see an easy way through this reality check, but rest assured that
    you are facing a temporary obstacle. Unfortunately, no amount of
    hard work will resolve the problem today. The key to success will
    be your dogged persistence.

    Labels: , ,

    12 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    a) you weren't rejected. In the words of Adam Sandler, "Right away Scott you've gotta be stoked because Cindy showed up" heh

    b)you've got dogged persistence, so no problem!

    1:55 PM, February 28, 2009  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    1) Love the No-Fail Steely Dan Mandala!

    2) Uhm...I've been less confused reading Clowncar's orbital mechanics posts. What is a quincunx and why do I feel like it's a part of a woman's anatomy that I really should know about to be a skilled lover but have yet to find in practical application?

    3:45 PM, February 28, 2009  
    Anonymous Daisy wrote in a love letter...

    THis is the wonder of computers. They can spit out status updates like that. That's all it is. Tis neither a yes nor a no.

    Ditto what Irrelephant says about the horoscope (and presumably it applies to me as well and even then I don't get it!)

    6:34 PM, February 28, 2009  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    waiting just sucks. I always wish i could just go into a deep freeze until it's all over.

    irrelephant, you don't know where the quincunx is???? For shame.

    9:21 PM, February 28, 2009  
    Blogger jaded wrote in a love letter...

    Congratulations on your hurry up and wait letter. Of course all of us reading know they would be fools to make you wait.

    6:55 PM, March 01, 2009  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    We now all will be waiting with baited breath,,, pass the worms!

    9:31 AM, March 02, 2009  
    Blogger Gordo wrote in a love letter...

    Not so much news as a "We haven't fogotten you!". Which, I suppose, is in and of itself news. Hmm. Fingers are crossed!

    I'm off to track down the wily quincunx. Bridget! C'mere!

    5:14 PM, March 02, 2009  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Gordo, meno says I should be shamed for not knowing...if you find one, please let me know, and let me know if you had to use any special equipment--sextant, compass, binoculars, Honda Special Tool 5 or whatever. kthx!

    5:33 PM, March 02, 2009  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    I'm honored to see my little photoshop mashup elevated to a sigil. Maybe I'll try a Glyph of Warding tuned against Coyotes next.

    We wait with worms (cheesy? gummi?) on our breath. There will be prayers said, candles lit, music listened to and a few silent glasses raised to your good health and good luck.

    Irrelephant said...
    What is a quincunx and why do I feel like it's a part of a woman's anatomy ...?

    I thought Stucco sent you a rubber quincunx in that box-o-stuff.

    9:40 AM, March 04, 2009  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    No, Rudi, he sent me everything ELSE, though. I think that was a The Cone, Jr.

    4:12 PM, March 04, 2009  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Come on, Pants, bust up with the good news! Honk your horn before I have to do it for you!

    7:07 PM, March 06, 2009  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    I heart Steely Dan! And please, give us updates, Ms. Pants!

    6:05 AM, March 11, 2009  

    Post a Comment

    << Home