Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, February 09, 2009

    And now we are...38

    I'm back. And I'm older as of today. You know, as opposed to every other consecutive day I spend on the planet. Even Neil Gaiman's celebrating, isn't that sweet?* If you follow the link to his first blogpost, it will give you an idea of the posts I've spared you these past weeks.

    But I'm happy with JALL's progress overall. It's almost there, and I lived through a critical scene. Not everyone else did though. 'Nuff said.

    I've always felt that 38 would be a special year, the year everything was finally ok, the year that I will have 'arrived' somewhere. I'm not sure where that place is. I'm almost there with the book, I have agent leads, I'm in school taking microbiology and statistics and waiting for nursing school, I have old friends back in my life and the boyos will be receiving awards at school again, on Friday.

    And I have a box of this. Oh, sweet heavens!

    All the while things look dark and gloomy for the planet otherwise. It makes things...interesting.

    Missed 'yall. Oh and if you are interested, I have a..mumblemumbleFacebook page mumblemumble...under my Christian name. Nancy and I don't know each other, got it?






    *Disclaimer...oh, just go look, will ya?

    Labels: , , , , ,

    15 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    As cute as Death is and as ethereally cool as Dream is I don't think I want either of them at ANY of my birthday parties. *G*

    I often thought, when I was young, that when I hit (insert super-special magic age here) things Would Be Different. I was truly let down to find out that birthdays, after a while, were just another day in a long string of days.

    Maybe one day soon I'll learn to drink those days more deeply, before I run out of them.

    Happy Birthday to both you AND the Christian-named you. *lol*

    6:52 PM, February 09, 2009  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Followed link through to first post. And i'm wondering why you spared us.

    if you publish a book, i am damned sure buying a copy and then forcing you to autograph.

    *still wondering what happened with Adam and Eve*

    8:09 PM, February 09, 2009  
    Blogger ephelba wrote in a love letter...

    Dear Sweet Jesus, may someone love me enough to buy me that box on my birthday:) Lucky!
    May your luck hold out as you go through the whole getting-your-book-published thing. I wish you the best.

    6:31 AM, February 10, 2009  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    I never thought of it as a particularly Christian name.

    It's really rather more Jewish, don't you think?

    10:27 AM, February 10, 2009  
    Blogger Gordo wrote in a love letter...

    That's some incredible-looking chocolate, that's for sure.

    I had issues with 25, which was weird. I'm 40 in March, but it's not striking me as any big thing. Of course, I have five weeks to get my freak on. ;-)

    10:27 AM, February 10, 2009  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    You do realize that in the alternate reality where the characters you dream up actually live, you are now a murderer.

    And a God.

    Glad you lived through the chapter, though.

    11:25 AM, February 10, 2009  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY GINGER-HEADED FRIEND !!!

    I am finding that I maybe don't want things in my life to seem like I have arrived... I think I am enjoying the trek!

    12:57 PM, February 10, 2009  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Bullshit. Your Xtian name doesn't suit you, and Facebook is for shallow people, of whom you don't belong.

    The fuck is happening here? Happy tapdancing zombie fucking birthday.

    6:23 PM, February 10, 2009  
    Blogger D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    Is microbiology the study of dwarves, or something?

    1:27 AM, February 11, 2009  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    I'm sorry the christians wouldn't allow me a name so I'm noticeably absent. But the book, sweet!

    8:20 PM, February 11, 2009  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    Happy Birthday, Nancy Pants! I'd give you a good spanking if'n I was in the same room as you. :)

    5:18 AM, February 12, 2009  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Happy Belated!

    Murderer? *sniff*

    Can't wait to read the rest!

    1:37 PM, February 14, 2009  
    Blogger Andy wrote in a love letter...

    Don't listen to Stucco. I'm off to send you a friend request on Facebook. And I'm not shallow... if one were to punch me in the stomach, they'd go in up to their elbow. :)

    3:40 PM, February 19, 2009  
    Blogger Andy wrote in a love letter...

    Well, damn... four pages of your xian name... I need a clue... better yet, send ME a friend request! :)

    3:48 PM, February 19, 2009  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Aw, come on, Ir! Can't you imagine the fun? There's 'Pin the Teeth on the Corinthian' for starters!

    Because, Meno, it would be "Day 1154 -- this sucks. Day 1155 -- this is ok. Day 1156 -- No this sucks." And if I get this thing published, I'll SEND you a copy, then sign it for you on the tour -- which scares me to death.

    Ephelba! Thank you! Actually, it was a combined birthday/Valentine thing, NOT that I'm complaining. Just finished the last truffle yesterday.

    Oy vey, Jo, yes. My great-grandmother would be proud, so I've learned.

    Freaked yet, Gordo? Men age better, so you have nothing to worry about. :-)

    I am the God of Hellfire, Clowncar.

    Thank you Cheesy! *big hugs*

    Naw, Facebook's fun! Join us...join us...

    The study of HOBBITS, D-Man. You know, those things you have in abundance.

    Poor Patches! Those Xians and their anti-cat views! They were the ones who burned you guys along with all the defenseless old women sitting on prime farming real estate...er, I mean, witches...

    Woot! Can I get a remote spanking, Mona dear? ;-)

    Murder most fowl, Schmoop! Fowl...feathers...? Hmmm....

    Four PAGES Andy!?!? You're kidding? Look for the chick with the big green eyes. That's me!

    8:45 AM, February 28, 2009  

    Post a Comment

    << Home