Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, October 09, 2008

    Nancy Dancehall and the Philosopher's Stone

    So here's my solution to the bailout.



    I'm taking chemistry this semester (did I tell you that?) and I needed some extra credit very badly. So tonight in lab I took out some pennies and did this:





    I don't know what all those alchemists were crying about. It was pretty easy.


    When I 'm not turning pennies to gold and silver, I get to blow shit up.


    I LOVE chem lab!

    Labels: ,

    15 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    I can turn water into beer. That's sort of chemistry, right? And just as good as gold.

    3:36 AM, October 10, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Hey, if you can do that I've got this king and his daughter...

    5:11 AM, October 10, 2008  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    These are useful skills in this day and time. Producing precious metals and blowing stuff up

    5:27 AM, October 10, 2008  
    Blogger Gordo wrote in a love letter...

    You might want to name a few things that you're blowing up, Nancy. Just to reassure the Feds when they come by. :-)

    Chemistry's awesome stuff.

    5:29 AM, October 10, 2008  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    I'm pretty good at blowing shit up too, but I've been told that isn't a desirable skill for a political commentator.

    8:44 AM, October 10, 2008  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    I see two paths in my ever so honed future eye:

    either a nefarious career which lands you behind bars

    or a notorious career which lands you a tv show alongside two funny (and funny looking) movie special effects artists who like to blow shit up

    3:02 PM, October 10, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Beer's just liquid gold, D-Man. :-)

    No way, Ir. You know my real name. I'd be totally in your power.

    Bud, 'Don't need a Weatherman to know which way the wind blows'... ;-)

    Oh, well, nothing that will actually be _missed_, Godo... ;-)

    It also might not be desirable for a mixologist like yourself, Patches. I've heard about your parties.

    Why not BOTH paths, Maggie? And them I'll write my autobiography...
    Oh, Gawd, and maybe I could meet Penn and Teller.. *drool*

    3:18 PM, October 10, 2008  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    Fun with Science!!!!
    Last thing I blew up was in a microwave.. I steer clear of them now.....

    11:16 AM, October 11, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    You know that during WWII, the mint made pennies out of steel (or was it tin- either way, a silver colored cheap metal)? They looked like what you have there Ms. electroplater. For extra-extra credit, did you use an ancient Baghdad Battery?

    No? Slacker. I wonder if I can make a sex toy powered by some of those? Hmm...

    5:09 PM, October 11, 2008  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Your classmates are so right darling! You are an overachiever ;)

    Chem lab is extremely fun!

    8:21 PM, October 11, 2008  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    Does that work on $50 bills as well?
    Dantares

    1:43 AM, October 13, 2008  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    Oh yes. does that count as money laundering?
    Dantares.

    3:42 PM, October 13, 2008  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    Hey, if you make more of those awesome coins I'd buy them to stick in the kids' Christmas stockings and freak their little minds clean out. Seriously.

    4:18 AM, October 16, 2008  
    Blogger Vulgar Wizard wrote in a love letter...

    Your hands are TINY! Thin. Demure even. Did I spell that correctly? Probably not. I'm pretty good at fucking up words.

    10:44 AM, October 28, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy, I'd never use that power over you for evil! Hooooonest.

    4:46 PM, October 30, 2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home