Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, October 06, 2008

    I Swore I'd Never Do This Here, But...

    'Somehow through...I will call it a criminal neglect and incompetence, the people at the top of these firms chose to look away, to take a risk, to enrich themselves and to put the shareholders and indeed the country itself, ultimately the economy, at risk, is truly not only a shame but a crime.'
    Jim Grant -- the editor of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, and the author of “Money of the Mind.”



    See it for yourself.



    And a question...has anyone seen the protests on Wall Street? You know, the ones where large crowds of demonstrators are holding up signs that say, "Go ahead and jump, motherfuckers?"

    No?

    Gosh. Whatever has happened to our media? Don't tell me the fourth branch of government is corrupt too!

    Labels: ,

    9 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    I'd laugh if I weren't so sick over it all. We've devolved into a nation of self-seekers and selfish bastards, each looking out for number one, forgetting that none of us can make it on our own, and right now I've never felt more that one pebble cannot possibly change the course of the avalanche.

    6:07 AM, October 07, 2008  
    Blogger Gordo wrote in a love letter...

    The fourth estate hasn't been doing its job for a long time. What passes for "journalism" must be driving my college professors nuts. I know I was taught better.

    I honestly don't know what to say about this mess other than the fact that I'm glad that this is one regulatory rabbit hole that I'm very glad Canada didn't follow the US lead on.

    Heh. At one point (within the last month), McCain was using the banking industry as a shining example of the glories of de-regulation. He wanted to bring the same to health care. (shudder)

    1:12 PM, October 07, 2008  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Unforunately so far the only "jumpers" I'm asware of are a 90 year old lady who was losing her home and a guy in Cali who killed his entire family and himself. I think we'll see more of this but not on Wall Street.

    5:02 PM, October 07, 2008  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    The media is your friend. Wall Street is your friend. The government is your friend.

    Here, take this tax rebate check and go buy yourself a brand new shiny TV. Don't you feel better?

    Shhh. Go back to sleep now. Everything's okay. Everything's fine.

    Don't worry, we're in control.

    8:48 AM, October 08, 2008  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    my friend has lost 100K in the past 3 weeks that he had saved carefully and prudently for years. somehow it doesn't seem right that these executives will testify in front of a congressional committee before jetting back to their multimillion dollar houses with shareholders not even being a blip on their radar. i hope one of them does jump.

    11:00 AM, October 08, 2008  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Maybe we should encourage them to jump with a huge shove. Bastards!

    3:29 PM, October 08, 2008  
    Blogger D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    Grreed.

    3:42 AM, October 09, 2008  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    one word


    Cripes

    9:57 PM, October 09, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    What happened, Ir, was that the bastards at the top sold us out. There is no loyalty anymore.

    I know, Gordo. Once upon a time I was in a journalism ethics class myself. I think my prof just sits in his office and drinks and cries now. Oh, and McCain's health plan? Give everyone a _taxable_ $5000 credit that goes straight to the insurance company. Loverly.

    I heard that story, Bud. Breaks my heart. It's always the wrong ones.

    If we don't shop, Clowncar, then the banksters have won. Er, wait...

    Amen, Liv. So many good people are getting screwed. Hell, so many BAD people are getting screwed, just so a few at the top can get become even more obscenely rich and powerful. Did you know that just over 1100 people control 17 trillion dollars?

    Yeah, Meno! 'Here's yer golden parachute, bastards!'

    I'm moving to NZ, D-Man.

    I can think of a stronger word, Cheese. *smile*

    10:39 PM, October 09, 2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home