Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Sunday, August 10, 2008

    Wade into the Water








    So I was going to come back with a Really Good Post about Rockygrass.


    But I'm not managing it today. Maybe tomorrow.


    I'm hoping this lame post will shame my right brain into working again. It sputtered to life briefly when I was nowhere near a notebook (Note to self: buy waterproof notebook), but sitting in front of a screen seems to make it curl up and hide behind my medulla oblongata.


    Ten Things I Did This Summer


    1. Got spanked by a saint.

    1. Defended the heart of a cadaver from someone who didn't seem to give a fuck.

    2. Change my 'major' back and forth three times.

    3. Got another A.

    4. Danced with a chick with dreds down to her calves.

    5. Got my heart broken by a cottontail.

    6. Got my first library card in 30 years (OMG! Did you know they still let you take books home? For free!?).

    7. Toured a tea factory and bought my weight in tea for practically nothing.

    8. Got hit by deja vu when I made fast friends with a couple who have a daughter named Alia and are moving from Colorado to the PNW. GAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

    9. Create a possibly genetically stable cross between Gray Dwarf Sweet and Green Arrow peas, AND made the cross heat-and-drought-resistant. Next summer will tell.



    Ten Things I Did Not Do This Summer


    1. Write a post.

    2. Finish a quilt.

    3. Finish the novel.

    4. Start a new novel (though it's in there! It's in there!).

    5. Learn to draw trees.

    6. Leave the state.

    7. Talk to Tim O'Brien again. (though I did meet Bela Fleck. Woot!).

    8. Successfully give up coffee. I can't. I'll just die younger instead. It's worth the trade-off.

    9. Save a life.

    10. Write a decent poem. (Or an indecent one. Just a so-so one).






    Labels: , , ,

    17 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Andy wrote in a love letter...

    Welcome back!

    Spanked by a Saint? Inquiring minds want to know...

    --Andy

    9:53 AM, August 10, 2008  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Yeah, I wanna know about the saintly spanking too. It's just so good to hear from you in any form that I'll just reread this again and again. Miss you.

    12:14 PM, August 10, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Hay! Glad you're back in the saddle, Pants! Think you can stay there this time? *wink*

    12:55 PM, August 10, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Another Alia? Far out! They Seattle bound?

    Spanked by Dirty Saint PALMer, patron saint of perv's? He's proof that if you enjoy your work, success is certain- and in his case, a blushed red face and bulging veins too.

    2:06 PM, August 10, 2008  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    PANTS!

    So wonderful to have you back, so I can lurk on your blog. Nothing you write could ever be mistaken for boring!

    Coffee is what makes us sane and happy. :)

    Are you willing to give me the Saint's number? Spankings are fun!

    2:28 PM, August 10, 2008  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Why would you need to give up coffee? It's not even illegal.

    When you do write the indecent poem, be sure to post it.

    Welcome back. Missed you.

    9:06 PM, August 10, 2008  
    Blogger D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    That sounds like a pretty sweet summmer to me...

    1:26 AM, August 11, 2008  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    I had so much to say, then I read Bela Fleck!

    1:52 PM, August 11, 2008  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    If it makes you feel any better, I didn't do any of the 10 things you didn't do this summer either, except the first one, write a post.

    And as I look at your list, I didn't do any of the 10 things you did do, either.

    So relax.

    8:20 PM, August 12, 2008  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    >Ten Things I Did This Summer

    >Defended the heart of a cadaver from someone who didn't seem to give a fuck.
    Blessings upon you and yours.

    >Got my first library card in 30 years (OMG! Did you know they still let you take books home? For free!?).
    Pretty cool. You can get Tim O'Brien books there. You might even get to hear him read and take questions if you went to the Boston Public Library a few years back on the right night. Woot.

    >Ten Things I Did Not Do This Summer

    >Talk to Tim O'Brien again.
    Tim who? ;-)

    >Save a life.
    Bet you kept a few lives going though.

    8:02 AM, August 13, 2008  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    I wish I could have a libray card.. boo hooo

    I've missed you ginger head! Welcome back to the world of words!
    I am with he rest... spankings.. DETAILS!
    I am warming up some butter for those peas GF~~

    9:36 AM, August 14, 2008  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    Maybe they would give me one if I could spell library?

    9:37 AM, August 14, 2008  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    which reminds me, my love, that i need a refill.

    oh, precious! glad to see you back!

    9:39 AM, August 15, 2008  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    Ahhh, there you are! I was having dts missing you. Yes, I'm echoing all above who want more details about this spanking thing! (Although my pervy brain has conjured up an image or two that is getting me through the day...)

    12:49 PM, August 18, 2008  
    Anonymous Daisy wrote in a love letter...

    Well, look how busy you were with all the doing and non-doing! I'm impressed.

    10:43 AM, August 24, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hee hee hee...ok, ok, I'll post about the saint, Andy.

    Bud! How's the road treating you? :-)

    Apparently I can't Ir, but now that the boyos are in school, I just might...

    Isn't that bizarre, Stucco? That was Twilight Zone even for me. Heh heh.. Saint Palmer...

    SCHMOOP! :-) Lurk away! I hope to post a little more regularly now. As for a phone number, well, that's neigh impossible...

    It's not illegal, Meno, but my heart's decided that it's way too exciting and let's me know. Dammit. You'll be the first to read any indecency I care to write. ;-)

    It was, D-Man. I hope you have a fantastic summer after all the bloody RAIN!

    He dos that to people, doesn't he, Patches? I met him testing out banjos. It was insane.

    Oh, it's fine, Clowny. Now I have time. Ga! Too quiet...

    Thank, Rudi. Someone had to say something.
    Tim O'Brien has a restraining order agains me. No,I'm kidding. Private joke. Ahem.
    If constant feeding and watching and running after and washing and bandaging and tucking in is keeping lives going, then yes, I did. :-)

    LOL...Don't you have a library in that valley, Cheese? You're kidding!!

    LIV! *smooches* How you doing, woman?

    Heh, glad to oblige, Mona. (Hee! I misstyped your name -- Moan.) I hope to be posting more frequently now that the underfoots are in school.

    Thanks, Daisy! Time flew with all the doing and not-doing.

    9:30 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger jeje wrote in a love letter...

    nike roshe run one
    michael kors factory outlet
    nike air zoom structure 19
    http://www.uggoutlet.uk
    adidas tubular UK
    michael kors handbags
    salomon speedcross
    adidas tubular
    adidas neo online shop
    michael kors outlet

    9:15 PM, March 22, 2017  

    Post a Comment

    << Home