Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, August 25, 2008

    *Sniff Sniff*

    The boyos started first grade today. I just got home from dropping them off. The house is quiet.

    Guess I'll be posting more often now. Naked.

    Labels: ,

    25 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    Get naked, eat peanut butter from the jar, and watch something silly like "Airplane". Having the house to yourself during the day is so "Whoo-hoo"! (My kiddos don't start until after Labor Day. I'm already getting slightly sad.)

    8:32 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Finish your novel.

    Or not ("finish your novel" looked rather strident after I typed it, so I pulled back).

    I don't get choked up on the first day of school. Psyched, but not teary. Don't know why. A gender thing, perhaps?

    9:28 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Naked! I'm so there.

    Heh.

    I wonder what it will be like for me to have the house to myself for the whole day, every day of the week. Wow. Silence is golden?

    9:52 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Look at that! I'm already commenting back!

    Ok, Mona, got naked, check. Peanut butter, Check. Ooo...instant download new Dr. Who series. Checkorama!

    Clowncar, you are my broccoli. :-) I will. This time. Promise. Got to; I woke up with a brand new novel idea yesterday morning. (New novel = redundant?)

    If it's anything like this, Maggie, it will be strange. I figure as long as I don't go all 'Ballad of Lucy Jordan' I'll be ok. But I've already rearranged the flowers outside...oh dear...)

    10:30 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    So the real question is ... What to do with the guilt?

    Waddaya mean what guilt? There's always guilt.

    - Guilt you sent them away to be with *gasp* other non-blood relative adults.
    - Guilt that you now have "free" time. What are you doing with it?

    We can all fill a day with shopping, laundry, writing, naked peanut butter consumption and the like but what are you really DOING?

    Carve out some time for just you unrelated to the errands that have accumulated since you legally changed your name to "Mom".

    I'll sniff sniff along with you a little today. We'll move my oldest into her freshman college dorm this afternoon. I must be old.

    Be well.

    10:38 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Curse you and the time dilation effects.

    You posted while I was posting. Now the time streams are mixed and I don't have my TARDIS key.

    You may still get to Paris in the sports car. Let us know if you plan the run through the streets.

    And right before "Lucy Jordan" is "Guilt". Synchro.

    10:47 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Aw, Rudi, Meno's right there with you on the dropping the kid off at college. I don't know how you guys can do it. I'm ridiculously discombobulated just over this.

    Guilt. Hmm. Yeah. I don't mind them being with non-blood relatives, but I do wish we'd done more fun stuff this summer.

    I need to make a schedule before I go nuts.

    10:48 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Ha! Still crossing streams! Where's my TARDIS?

    Running's up next...

    10:49 AM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Oh yes, the first day of school. I bet they were cute. Be sure to take picture of the naked blogging.

    We could start NaNaBloMo.

    National Naked Blogging Month. Are you in?

    1:20 PM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Wow. TARDISes. Time streams. Nekkid lady bloggers. I've died and gone to Good Blogger Heaven? Ceiling Cat, where are you?

    1:34 PM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    Pictures?

    1:34 PM, August 25, 2008  
    Anonymous Daisy wrote in a love letter...

    Ms. Chica, are you hoping for pix of the boyos going off to school or the naked blogging?

    4:10 PM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    Either one works. There isn't anything good on TV.

    6:14 PM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    In a few years, you'll be right along beside me and Stucco doing the "happy dance" 'cause the kids have to go back to school. We love to tease them :)

    It's only fair as they have teased us all summer about having to get up and go to work early in the morning while they got to sleep in, and play outside with water balloons and squirt guns!

    9:03 PM, August 25, 2008  
    Blogger Gordo wrote in a love letter...

    Our youngest starts Junior Kindergarten on the 10th. We're just hoping that it's less eventful than his brother's first day of school. He started on 9/11.

    I'm not certain that I'm ready for two boys in the societal indoctrination system. I guess we'll see.

    2:31 AM, August 26, 2008  
    Blogger D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    And posted photos of you posting naked, yes?

    12:30 PM, August 26, 2008  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    I'm broccoli?

    12:33 PM, August 26, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    They were terribly cute, Meno. And I have cute stories from their first day. And now their second. My boyos are...memorable. We are so on with the nekkid blogging!

    Ceilig Cat sees you...oh, nevermind! lol

    Wow, so I and mine are just tv filler, Ms. Chica? I'm hurt! ;-)

    See how she is, Daisy?

    Well, your children are just plain evil, Schmoop. ;-) God, I miss 'em!

    Ouch, Gordo. Of all days... Yeah, the societal indoctrination is disturbing at best. Which is why we've kept them at a smaller school. I don't like what I hear from the bigger, fancy-pants one they're supposed to attend in the Village.

    That seems to be a common request, D-Man. I'll, uh, have to take it under advisement...

    Yes, yes you are broccoli. But not that old-man broccoli stuff. ;-)

    1:30 PM, August 26, 2008  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    Welcome back and to the September to Remember with your boys heading out to the rest of their life in school.
    As a teacher, I always loved those precious first day of school scenes with the parents so reluctant to leave their kids and the kids so excited. Teachers were excited and nervous too....I told the Gr. 3's I had elephants in my stomach, never mond butterflies!

    Good luck with your school this fall too....um with whatever you major is...was???!
    Thanks for your visit. I'll see what this fall brings for me soon enough! Yikes..

    1:44 PM, August 26, 2008  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    I thought it more prudent to sound nonchalant, than like a stalker...

    2:34 PM, August 26, 2008  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    ms. chica = stalker.

    3:28 PM, August 27, 2008  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    Wooo hooo hooo nekkid writing AND a lil' quiet.... but~
    Still sending hugs cuz I know you are a wee bit empty without them underfoot....

    8:38 AM, September 07, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Hey-- *poke poke* --you need to blog som'more. *G*

    5:23 PM, September 09, 2008  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Okay, I just got back after three weeks and I don't see any naked posts here.

    4:38 PM, September 10, 2008  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    I never would have guessed that all those years while I was nervously teaching their kids on the first day of school, hoping they'd all behave, and I was drafting the No-Peanut-Butter-at school letter, the mothers were home naked eating P.B. from the jar!

    8:59 PM, September 18, 2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home