Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, May 24, 2008

    Rest Now





    Rest Now



    I've been planting

    and watering, watering

    as the wind blows the water away

    fast as it falls.

    Just before I go back to study

    the endocrine system, I puzzle over

    what went wrong with me,

    what will go wrong

    with my future patients;

    women like me.

    I watch over seedlings that have

    stretched up through the dirt

    wondering what went wrong

    with the ones that didn't.

    Environmental –

    Too much water? Too little?

    Cellular –

    Something left out of that old code?

    Never to sprout but still

    buzzing on a sub-atomic level;

    a shell of relationships

    waiting to decay.










    Labels: , , ,

    10 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Or maybe just a lack of desire to grow.

    You never know.

    4:29 PM, May 24, 2008  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    Go hugs your cherubs and show yourself what went right!

    6:56 PM, May 24, 2008  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    Nurturing isn't a guarantee, but the absence of it is

    10:24 AM, May 25, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Being short isn't "wrong". :)

    12:06 AM, May 26, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    And if you're a geek then you're OUR geek and damnit we love you. Good on you for getting out in the garden. I've been sadly absent from mine and it's tearing the heart out of me.

    3:12 PM, May 26, 2008  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    **hugs**

    11:17 AM, May 27, 2008  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    You are the rare (in my experience) scientist who can write her ass off. This is superb stuff, Pants. I could read you all day.

    7:12 AM, May 28, 2008  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    That last little bit is just fabulous:
    "Never to sprout but still
    buzzing on a sub-atomic level;
    a shell of relationships
    waiting to decay."

    Admittedly I'm a sucker for that kinda thing.

    We lost 2 tomato plants and a pepper plant during the long Sand Dunes weekend. A moment of silence, please....

    9:15 AM, May 28, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Damn slackers, meno.

    Amen, Cheesemama.

    One profound kitteh, Patches.

    Depends on what's short, Stucco. ;-)

    I know that feeling, Ir.

    *Bigger hugs back* Liv.

    Remember me on your UK Tour, Bud. (When you invade Britain, will that make you the Anti-Beatle?)

    Thanks, Clowncar. And I will give 3 moments of silence...

    3:28 PM, May 29, 2008  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Ahhh biology...

    Why why why?

    9:51 PM, May 29, 2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home