Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, April 28, 2008

    Dangerous Things



    (Now with pictures!)


    I've been doing dangerous things lately. I blame Spring.

    Yes, you can tell Spring is here. On my way to school I saw things like no snow, tulips, llamas cropping the new green grass, gargoyles that had shed their winter coats for floppy straw hats and bouquets, and two guys in ski masks, one with a chain saw and the other with a flame thrower.

    Ah, the signs of Spring!


    So I'm doing things. Dangerous things. I've been having high tea and champagne with beautiful women followed by drunken window shopping.



    I'm throwing the windows and doors open to let in the smell of cherry blossoms mingle with fresh-ground cardamom for kheer. I'm burying stargazers in the garden. Let them make their own way back up if they ever want to see the sky again!



    My kind of snow!



    Dangerous things. In other words, I'm not studying.



    But if Colorado has taught me one thing it is this: grab happiness when it comes. Don't ask, just close your hands around it.


    Thursday it snows again.










    Labels: , ,

    21 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Happy Spring, Pants. Grab that happiness with both hands and squeeze, it's a lot slippier than you might think.

    7:18 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Schmooie sent you a box today. Dangerous...

    8:59 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Er, Schmoopie.

    9:00 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Hey Stucco!

    Schmoopie seems like a very nice lady. Why are you cheating on her with Schmooie? Is it this guy or this guy?

    10:10 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    I wouldn't open the box in front of the boyos ;)

    Are you speaking of the gargoyles on Belleview? Give them my love!

    10:44 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Rudi- He shouts "Schmooie" in his sleep too! Stucco is such a tramp. I will write a screenplay about Schmooie and Stucco. It will be better than "Brokeback Mountai ;)

    10:46 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Ooops! er Mountain

    10:48 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    And who is this "Mountai" you speak of? Does he like to "tai" you up? Are there pictures?

    10:49 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    It's so cute how they do foreplay in comments.

    11:15 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    and when are you coming back to Seattle?

    11:16 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yes, yes, you DEFINITELY need some spring, my dear Ir.



    Hee hee...now this is like watching a tennis match. A couple's tennis match. Heh.

    Yay box!!!

    Stucco, you are so busted...

    Hey, Rudi, guy #2 even mentions Pants! He MUST be gay!

    Oh no, Schmoop. I think I'll open the box when I have a little alone time. And yes, I am speaking of those gargoyles! They were sooo cute in their Easter Bunny ears!

    Stucco's a ho. Send me the screenplay!

    Isn't that what she calls The Cone, Stucco?

    Isn't it, Meno? You should see them in public. Oh, wait, you have! :-) Oh, and I love the new Japanese lion.

    I don't know when I'm coming back, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it.

    11:45 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    Pants.. we are redheads... the true definition of danger!! Ginger on gurlie!

    11:58 PM, April 28, 2008  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Now that's my kind of danger!

    I got a box the other day. And I am so in love with the short red-head that sent it to me. :) Thank you! There is one coming your way soon.

    Quebec is like Colorado that way, take the joy when it's here. And we have snow predicted for tomorrow. Huh.

    4:53 AM, April 29, 2008  
    Blogger Gordo wrote in a love letter...

    We've had three weeks of June weather, then we were unceremoniously dumped back into April on the weekend. Enjoy the nice stuff while you can.

    5:01 AM, April 29, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Heh.. you said "yay box" heh heh heh uh heh...

    7:08 PM, April 29, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Okay, so if that's snow then I'd like some, please!

    8:01 PM, April 29, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Amen, Cheesy! Ginger on!

    Oh yay, Maggie, you got it! I was afraid the authorities might stop it at the border. ;-)

    You too, Gordo. I think Colorado is Canada's weather annex.

    heh heheh heheh heheh....did you get your movie? Heh.

    Come on up and get it, Ir!

    12:07 PM, April 30, 2008  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Llamas? Chainsaws and flamethrowers? Exactly where did you have high tea?

    Were there unicorns?

    Orcs?

    And what's this about burying stargazers? What did I ever do to you?

    9:53 AM, May 01, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    All that stuff was along Belleview. I love the outer reaches of my 'hood.

    Nope, no unicorns, or orcs. Maybe a fairy or two at tea (why do men GO to a tea parlor!?!) Ok, that was mean.

    Hey, you're still above ground, right? :-)

    2:58 PM, May 02, 2008  
    Anonymous Daisy wrote in a love letter...

    I was worried those floppy looking green things were on your tea tray. And that they might come alive and eat you.

    I want to come to tea, dammit.

    Let's put bunny ears on Meno's new gargoyle...

    by the way, this whole comments section seems lifted from an Irrelephant Sunday broad-cast.

    11:57 AM, May 03, 2008  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    Beautiful spring, indeed. Save me something sweet, would you?

    6:00 PM, May 03, 2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home