Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, March 28, 2008

    Surprise Surprise







    For Mona, on a Friday.




    Ok. Done pouting. Self-pity is a bad color on me.


    I'll get my pre-recs out of the way and then sit on my hands until my name comes up on the list to get into nursing or med tech school, whichever comes first. I'll eat the whale one bite at a time. (Thanks, DMG :-) ). Thank you everybody.


    I think I was just feeling extra-dejected the other day because I'd gone to give blood and was surprised when they rejected me. I had to do the Walk of Shame past all the other applicants, their eyes on me saying, “What's wrong with her?”


    (And there were five bonus points in A&P if I donated blood too. I hate leaving bonus points on the table.)


    Anyway, I walked into my A&P class where my instructor, Nurse Bagel, had put up on the board all the topics we needed to know for our up-coming test. I picked a topic and started writing.


    She came up behind me and asked, “So how'd the donation go?”


    I turned around and said, “I got rejected!”


    “Really? I'm surprised.”


    “Yup.” I rolled my eyes. “Just because I'm a prostitute they won't take my blood.”



    Now THAT surprised her. Doubled her over laughing, actually.





    Hee! The best part about being old is that I no longer give a shit about appeaing all prim and proper...








    Labels: ,

    12 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Ha! I bet you are fun to have in class. I would love to go to school with you. Except that I cannot stand dead bodies (I'm pretty sure) and I'm squeamish so I wouldn't be in any classes you're taking anyways.

    4:09 PM, March 28, 2008  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    I always get rejected because i weigh less than 110 pounds.

    Ha ha ha h ah ah aha hah hahahahaha!

    5:58 PM, March 28, 2008  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    I don't want to dissect the dead bodies, but I would pose them in unique scenarios to photograph for christmas cards. Oh wait, that would be disrespectful, so can I just draw them and call them still life instead?

    7:18 PM, March 28, 2008  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    Now to comment on your post rather than Maggie's comment. Uh I donated blood in your honor....to my kitchen sink. #$*%~^'n kitchen knife!

    7:20 PM, March 28, 2008  
    OpenID Gordo wrote in a love letter...

    Body parts is neat. I miss working in MedPhoto. :-(

    You do sound like an awesome classmate, Nancy. The freedom to be above propriety is a great thing to feel, too.

    7:59 AM, March 29, 2008  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself.
    I guess "old" is relative. You're older than the kids in school but old is not a label I'd ever stick on you. Even if you were older than me.

    12:07 PM, March 29, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    You used to be prim and proper? Should we call you Nancy Poppins?

    5:13 PM, March 30, 2008  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Nice one IR.

    Mary Poppins + no longer prim and proper = S.O.B.

    Anyone else still playing "Clue" in their head over "Ms. Bostox, in the Library, with the Tutor"? I kept thinking about it and added some thoughts there.

    11:24 PM, March 30, 2008  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Eh, I'm very quiet in class, occasionally blurting out the wrong answer. But I'm fun before and after. I had everyone doing the Hokey Pokey before a bone and joint test to remember the ROM.

    Yeah, right meno. It's your carefully cultivated heroin habit that gets you, innit?

    On the contrary, Ms. Chica, check out what they do to the bodies:

    http://ontherockswithsalt.blogspot.
    com/2007/11/
    examining-and-abusing-human-body.html

    And man, the medical illustrator gets to draw on a Live Model of Perfect Physique. I think we both missed our calling...

    Sorry about your hand! I hope it's ok.

    You did medical photography, Gordo? How cool is that!

    *g* Thanks, Bud. But I've got a decade on the oldest one, and she was griping that she was the oldest in her EMT class. *sigh*

    *snort* Oh no, yet another nickname!

    I keep meaning to email you about that, Rudi, but I am SLAMMED with another test today, and one tomorrow.

    10:10 AM, March 31, 2008  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Why did they reject you?

    10:12 AM, March 31, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Because she was too prim and proper, apparently CC. *big toothy grin*

    So what's wrong with another nickame? I confess, I'm almost as bad as Sawyer (tho not as mean nor, apparently, as ruggedly handsome as he) about making up pet names, nicknames, and otherwise foreshortened ones. The sad thing? I hate my own names (screen, not real) being shortened.

    I'm such a freak.

    4:51 PM, March 31, 2008  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    So, if Ms. CHica were to draw dead bodies, could they really be called a still LIFE?

    8:40 PM, April 01, 2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home