Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, January 08, 2008

    Cheers




    I had a painful night last night, one that darkened my day.


    But tonight a place was set in my honor at a far-away table, complete with a glass of red wine. The place was set among several of my friends, two of whom I've never even met face-to-face.


    And that cheered me immensely. I can't tell you how much.


    I'm humbled. Thank you. Next time, I'll be there.




    Labels: , , , ,

    13 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    Here's to cheers!

    1:23 AM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I hope the darkness wasn't brought on by certain family members.

    5:14 AM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    I miss them, too, girl. And I think I had one of those nights as well. oof. (hugs)

    8:22 AM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Sumatter Pantsy? You were missed. I drank your wine. Those are some damned funny people, too. I believe a good time was had by all.

    WV: "ishhoe". Sounds like a drunk asking a hooker.

    11:41 AM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger Clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Sounds like a fun party.

    Sorry you had such a painful night. Hope it wasn't related to O's cheese intake. That's darkened a few days of mine as well. And almost certainly one of the primary causes of global warming.

    I don't mean to make light. My essentially shallow and juvenile nature rearing its childish head.

    1:09 PM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    I am ever so glad that we were able to help!

    It was a fun time, except that Stucco drank your wine before i got to it. Jerk!

    2:57 PM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    When my head is above the water I like to think that the dark days are there to make us appreciate the sun more.

    4:52 PM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Caveat vino, there Meno...

    8:06 PM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    I so wanted to put you on my shoulders and run around the restaurant shouting "Redhead in cahoots!"

    9:03 PM, January 10, 2008  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    (As distinguished from "red sweater with fake boobs!")

    And, you know, being there by phone is almost like being there. Glad you could make it -- next time we will just try to get the body to come along with the voice!

    1:06 AM, January 11, 2008  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    I am bringing the video camera next time. I'd pay to see Oregon put you on his shoulders (he easily could, you know!)

    (I need to buy a red sweater and work there. She probably gets awesome tips!)

    You WILL be there next time Pants. Even if I have to cash in my penny jar for a last minute ticket. ;)

    9:55 PM, January 11, 2008  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    {{{pants}}} Sorry you were having a woeful eve... but I loved reading you were *there* how fun!

    10:03 AM, January 13, 2008  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    I was positive I left a comment here. Sheesh. I hope you're feeling better lady dancer. Let us know how you are...

    5:01 PM, January 19, 2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home