Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, December 04, 2007

    One Down





    My lab practical (final) tonight was blindingly easy.


    Which was a relief, since my instructor said the Monday/Wednesday class bombed it.



    Guess what I got to look at under a microscope. Again.



    There were two bonus questions:


    1. Why did the chicken cross the road?

    2. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?


    One of my classmates didn't get them so she left them blank.


    *sigh* Kids these days. This is the future of medicine.



    Finished my paper. Finished my lab book. One more final to go. After that I'm finishing the book.







    Labels: ,

    11 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I knew you'd smoke the test(s)! Yay for the book! I got the CD finished. Have a listen between tests.

    4:54 AM, December 05, 2007  
    Blogger Emily wrote in a love letter...

    Congrats!!

    6:08 AM, December 05, 2007  
    Blogger Andy wrote in a love letter...

    The chicken. And then he rolled over and went to sleep.

    8:46 AM, December 05, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Finish your book? Nice!

    There must be some sort of award for how many times you can use the phrase "rat sperm" in a month (or if not an award, a blindingly painful punishment). I think we should rename this month Ratsperm-cember. You know, the month where Santa comes and leaves rat sperm in the stockings of good girls and boys.

    10:16 AM, December 05, 2007  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    ms. dancehall, would it be absurd to suggest that perhaps this reader needs a little more of lambs eating ivy?

    11:11 AM, December 05, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    The chicken crossed the road to show the opposum that it could be done.

    4:00 PM, December 05, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    I love the very matter-of-fact way you wrote "After that I'm finishing the book."

    RAH!

    6:21 PM, December 05, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    According to Papa Hemingway, the chicken crossed the road to die. Alone. In the rain.

    As for which came first all I can think of is a single frame cartoon I once saw: a chicken and an egg are lying in bed; the covers are all rumpled. The chicken's got a cigarette smoldering in one hand (wing?) and is saying "Well, I guess that answers THAT."

    Muy kudos, Nancypants!

    7:41 PM, December 05, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yay, Bud! I will be ordering one of those!!!!

    Thanks, Emily! Now I can actually start reading blogs again.

    *snort* Andy! What is up with your page?

    And there's more rat sperm smear to....um....come?
    Ratspermember it is, Clowncar.
    Yup. My book. We'll see.

    That would actually be flattering, Liv. I'll see what I can do. :-)

    But the opposum met with opposition from the opposite side of the road,and he became opposable in opposite places.

    I feel like queen of the world, Amusing. If only I could find my tiara.

    *snort* LOVE that first one, Ir. But I saw the second one coming.

    1:15 AM, December 07, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    CHickens don't cross the road anymore, they're too pumped up on steroids. THe spend most of their time looking for Farmer Brown's dog so they can kick his ass.

    8:52 AM, December 08, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Hey, it's nearly time for another Dancehall party -- will it be tiara-themed again?

    What am I saying? I think we all know that the new theme is a foregone conclusion: rat sperm smear!! (hmm. I'm not eating anything at that party.)

    2:15 PM, December 09, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home