Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, December 13, 2007

    Not Much To Report









    Like this guy, I've fallen off the face of the earth to work on JALL. I like what's hitting the page.


    Having been passed over by the Christmas Spirit this year, I had a strong craving to celebrate Hanukkah. My latent Jewish blood is surfacing, I guess. So we lit the Menorah and I made potato latkes and read the boyos a story about the Maccabees. Craving satisfied.


    Last night we sold our decrepit but real-slate pool table for $125 and two t-shirts. Mine has an Andy Warhol-style Christopher Walken print and O's features a print of Charles Bukowski with 'Ladies Man' printed under it. Because that's the kind of people we are.


    In about 45 minutes I'll be headed into the Heart of Darkness boyos' classroom as a volunteer. I guess this means I have to find matching socks. The stomach flu is in the air. Pray for me.


    I still don't know my final grade.







    Labels: , , ,

    9 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    oof! i hate the no mojo posting days.
    here's hoping you don't get the stomach flu or whatever horror show of a virus i've got.

    11:26 AM, December 13, 2007  
    Blogger Jodi wrote in a love letter...

    courage to you in the classroom. i LOVE my boys. i hate any type of volunteering at school. it is so the heart of darkness

    1:57 PM, December 13, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    $125, the t-shirts, and the buyer removed it?

    7:01 PM, December 13, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Classrooms are hell. You are a champ.

    The t-shirts sound cool.

    9:18 PM, December 13, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Accept the fact that you will catch school germs. Sorry about that. I eventually became so immune after so many years in the classroom, that i still never get sick. Your grades will be perfect, I'm confident. Christmas spirit? What is that exactly. It has always escaped me.

    8:43 AM, December 14, 2007  
    Blogger Lynn wrote in a love letter...

    Good luck not catching the flu and for braving the school volunteer thingy. Do you have a good recipe for the potato latkes???

    3:20 PM, December 14, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Cool t-shirts!

    Chabon included Gaiman in the last McSweeney's anthology. I may have to go hunt it down on Amazon.

    And am thisclose to finishing the Chabon you loaned me. I literally stop at least once a page to reread some perfectly crafted sentence of his. His sentences wriggle around like worms, and you're never sure where they are going to end up. I'm hoping Santa brings me his latest. World peace would be nice too, but I'll settle for Chabon.

    9:31 AM, December 15, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    The horror.

    Try to wash hands after every encounter with a little savage. *Sigh* It's really unavoidable - the germs.

    Oh you know it will be an A.

    2:24 PM, December 18, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    Wishing you the Merriest!
    Good luck at school on 2008!

    6:01 AM, December 24, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home