Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, November 01, 2007

    Unmasked







    For Meno, who requested photos of trick-or-treaters:





    The costumes were inexpensive, but the steroid shots about bankrupted us!




    And their secret identities revealed (look fast; I'll be taking these back down):








    I'm supposed to be 'The Ghost of an Extra from the Falco Video for Rock Me Amadeus', but people kept asking me when I was going to lose my head. And even O asked, "So what are you supposed to be, an anachronism?' You decide:




    Then there are the Jack-O-Lanterns:






    I even caught the 'Leaving of the Jack-O-Lantern Spirits' on camera!









    What? This doesn't happen at your house? *blink*



    Unfortunately, some worms who pass for people smashed our beautiful Jack-O-Lanterns all over the street. To them I say: How could you slimeballs trespass, steal and break our property, along with my sweet boyos' hearts? May your xbox melt during your best game of Halo, losers.

    Ahem.


    All in all though, it was a fantastic Halloween.





    Labels: , ,

    12 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Oh those are going to be some hunky men when they grow up. But how do you keep them in clothes with all that muscle? Hee hee.

    5:11 PM, November 01, 2007  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    My x-box is melting, WTF? I only smashed one pumpkin and that was because O swiped my husband's plaid shirt ; )

    7:42 PM, November 01, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    My gods you need to cut back on the bovine growth hormones there, Nancy!

    Love the lighting effect on the jack o'lanterns...me, I just couldn't keep the camera still long enough so they all sort of blurred, like they were vibrating. *lol*

    And I can't see the band--what kind of puros are you smoking there, oh Undead Pop Music Extra Exile From The Sad And Wonderous 80's? Falco... *happy sigh* Gods I miss him.

    7:43 PM, November 01, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Hello boyos! We miss you and your mom and dad too. ;)

    You looked awesome in your costume Pants. A sight to behold!

    8:05 PM, November 01, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Any old excuse to don the powdered wig, eh Pantsy? First it's Rumpole of the Bailey week, then barristers anonymous, and now this...

    8:05 PM, November 01, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Astoundingly cute kids. Smashing pumpkins--good line, Shitful event.

    8:57 PM, November 01, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Thank you Miss. I love kids in costume, and mine is "too old". I am a bit teary eyed at this, they are just so damned cute. And so damned young.

    Those really are some beautiful children you birthed.

    *sniff*

    9:41 PM, November 01, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Those are some great pix! Looks like a fun time. What did O go as? A long-haired Irish Denver bookseller in a plaid shirt?

    Our girlios were princesses. Shay also accessorized with devil horns from 2 years ago (I wanna be a debbil!!!), so she was a demon princess.

    By the way, nothing is more fun than teaching sugar-crazed middle schoolers for 8 hours. Well, perhaps the stomach flu is a little more fun, but not as memorable....

    11:01 AM, November 02, 2007  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    What's with the large square "apparition" under your skirt?

    Things that happen at our house:

    Pumpkin spirits - yes
    Large square erections - no

    P.S. You look fab in the wig!!! I think you should do that look year round.

    12:02 PM, November 02, 2007  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    Fancy Nancy, those are some beautiful peoples! xoxo

    1:43 PM, November 02, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Oh they are, Maggie. We pay for their clothes with the endorsement money from B*lley's Fitness. ;-)

    Yeahhh...I thought I saw a woman with a tux cat prowling around, Chica....

    Falco, we hardly knew ye! I am smoking a Villager (hey, fair's fair; if they're gonna torch ME just for animating a...nevermind); a nice, not too robust square-pressed cigar. Yummy.

    We all miss yall too, Schmoop. And thank you. :-)

    Call it a weakness, Stuccie old thing!

    Thanks, Bud. I'm rather fond of them myself. :-) At least they learned a good lesson on how to not be an asshole.

    Your welcome Meno. And thank YOU.

    How'd you guess, Clowncar? Demon princesses rock! Teaching kids the day after Halloween -- I guess that's why our district scheduled its fall break this week. My strategy is to keep the boyos hopped up and happy on sugar all week, then release them to Kindergarten on Monday...heh heh heh...

    I was just happy to smoke that cigar, DMG... ;-) I think I've got enough hair TO pull of that look all year long.

    Thanks, Liv! They are my beau-ti-ful boyos, and they just get better-looking.

    3:21 PM, November 02, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Ah, neighborhood rowdies smashing the lovely pumkins -- I remember it well, including the year my dad caught them in the act and gave them whatfor!

    11:11 AM, November 04, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home