Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, November 21, 2007

    Pumpkin Pulp Fiction





    4:30 a.m. Boyo D. gets me up because his covers are 'broken'. This is five-year-old speak for, 'not perfectly straight like they were when you put me to bed.'


    4:32-6:00 a.m. I lie awake trying to shut my brain off.


    6:01 a.m. Two boyos come into the bedroom and discuss the fact that I am in the room and trying to sleep. Nevertheless, they root around the bed looking for a book. I grumble for them to get out and they do.


    6:08 a.m. As I am drifting into sleep, back they come a-rooting.


    6:12 a.m. Ditto.


    6:20 a.m. Third verse, same as the first.


    Sometime before 7:00 a.m. I roar out of bed and blunder into the kitchen. My memory's fuzzy but now there's one less child-lock on a cabinet, an empty but buttered casserole dish, another pan full of freshly-baked cornbread, a pot of stuffing with no recipe for it in sight, a pumpkin pie, and an Oreo cheesecake.


    O says I looked and sounded like this:


    'Any of you fucking pricks come in my kitchen, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!'



    I believe him. I'm running on coffee and Airborne right now.






    Storytime will resume after my favorite day of the year.















    Labels: , , ,

    11 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous Emily R wrote in a love letter...

    Kinda had a morning like that myself. Looking forward to more story time.

    2:48 PM, November 21, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Okay honeybun. *Tiptoes out of the kitchen*

    3:01 PM, November 21, 2007  
    Blogger sari wrote in a love letter...

    Whenever I'm in bed reading and my five year old comes in, if I'm facing the other way from him he always says "Point towards me!"

    But I know what you mean about them waking you up, and once one is there, the whole gang shows up.

    3:38 PM, November 21, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Two thoughts:

    1) Hey, at least your kitchen has enough space to swing a gun around in. (Mine does but it never feels like it does and Lord knows I've wanted to!)

    2) As Homer would say: Mmmmmm Oreo cheesecake.

    And now my thoughts turn to nibbling on fresh hot buns.

    Goodnight Everybody!

    7:00 PM, November 21, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Pants, tomorrow I will be wearing my "joy" shirt in honor of your favorite day of the year. I will also be remembering Thanksgiving last year, pulling away from your home, starting our journey to the Enchanted Northwest. I am very thankful for you, my friend! Miss you. Cheers!

    9:50 PM, November 21, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    I am so hiding. *lol*

    So, everyone in the Dancehall household is having McDonald's for Turkey Day? *blink blink*

    *FLEEING*

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    8:14 AM, November 22, 2007  
    Blogger LazyLazyMe wrote in a love letter...

    Strange imaginary American holiday...

    Oh, and Pulp Fiction is truly awful.

    9:20 AM, November 22, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

    Emily, I hope your day smoothed out like mine did. Happy Thanksgiving waaaaay over there!

    Hungover Mothers always welcome, Meno. Come on in. *s*

    Hi Sari! Don't you love the things they come up with?

    Let's have a drumroll (drumstick?) for Rudi! Hot buns indeed! ;-)

    Schmoop, you know I'm wearing my shirt today and thinking of you guys. I dreamed you and I were talking in a field, with the ocean just over the hill. It was wonderful. *s* Happy Thanksgiving.

    Blasphemy, Ir!!! *g* Today is much better than yesterday, though yesterday tuned out just fine. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Imaginary? Hardly. This is the day we give thanks for our liberation from British cooking. Lazy darling, I've missed you! How are you? Happy Thursday.

    10:48 AM, November 22, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    (I think I dreamt the kids' school was rumbling, the walls cracking, crowds of people ran outside and were gunned down -- we hid behind a pile of them and hoped the bad guys shooting the survivors wouldn't see us.... Thanksgiving angst much?)

    12:04 PM, November 23, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    But they were SO asking for that!

    3:06 PM, November 25, 2007  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    How did you get your hands on that picture of me defending my kitchen from invaders last Christmas? I didn't leave it in the package with the cds, did I?

    10:57 AM, December 04, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home