Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, November 20, 2007

    Little Lambs Eat Ivy 5






    Wouldn’t you love to see them?” Eve asked Adam one day after his chat with Deen.

    See what?”

    The files! I’d love to know what he knows about everyone. Or rather what he thinks he knows.”

    What do you think he knows about you?”

    Oh! Absolutely nothing. I refuse to open my mouth when I’m in there. I get a lot of work done though.” Eve laughed, held out the sweater she was knitting for Emily. “It really gets his goat. He still scribbles on his note pad. I think he’s actually doodling.” She went back to her knitting. “No, I’m far more interested in what he has to say about everybody else. Aren’t you?”

    I never thought about it. I guess I’m not interested.”

    Oh, come on. You study people; I’ve watched you. You probably have more insight on Rupert or the Spensers than even they do. Or should I say, Frog and the Peacocks?”

    Adam laughed. “I shouldn't have told you about my little name game. You make me sound arrogant.”

    Not arrogant. Maybe a little controlling, but not arrogant. Still, you must wonder how accurate you are.”

    Now that she mentioned it, Adam did feel curious. With the exception of one person in his life, he had always thought himself a good judge of character. He had insisted on doing all of the hiring at his father’s foundry, right down to the janitors, even after he inherited the whole thing along with more pressing tasks. The thought of reading the files of a trained therapist – heck, a famous therapist – and comparing them to his own observations, began to intrigue him. It nibbled away at the comfort he took in his new routine, made everything seem shallow and dull. Everything, that is, except for Eve.










    Labels: ,

    3 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    Wooo....something's brewing!

    8:37 PM, November 20, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Okay now you got me interested!

    There's a caper to be planned.

    Is this going to lead to septuagenarian sex on top of piles-o-files?

    6:47 PM, November 21, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    What! I'm gonna have to wait for more? You sadist. I love this, Pants. You've done a hell of a job here.

    3:34 PM, November 25, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home