Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, November 10, 2007

    get to the river






    Came to the land, the land was dry

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low

    Looked up for the clouds in a clear blue sky

    No rain came down from up on high

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low


    Saw a man and the man did say

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low

    You planning on staying or you going away?

    The rain aint coming but there's another way.

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low


    The garden that you want to grow

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low

    the path you want to follow

    leads down the the river, now don't be slow

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low


    I'd come a long way, my body was done

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low

    Laid down for a minute, woke to the setting sun

    Ran down to the river but the water was gone

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low


    The wind blows through where that garden should be

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low

    Nothing left but an old oak tree

    the thirsty dirt, the empty sky and me

    get to the river 'fore the river runs low







    8 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Cool, you got music for this?

    10:59 AM, November 11, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Nope, but if you want to run with it sometime... :-)

    2:40 PM, November 11, 2007  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    You wrote a lovely poem describing my employment history.

    I like the rhythm. I hope Bud will run with it.

    3:25 PM, November 11, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    I think Bud ought to too. I thought it was a song the minute I began reading. It's wonderful. Great imagery. Sometimes when you're in a crying mood, a sad ending is really cool.

    3:52 PM, November 11, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Okay, you'll have to wait a while though. I'll save this on the back burner. Life's a bit nuts now. Got a new CD to promote.

    6:25 PM, November 11, 2007  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    che bella!

    11:42 AM, November 12, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Sounds like you had fun in Corporateland too, Chica.

    Thanks, Maggie. :-) I have the hint of a tune in my head for it, but I don't have the gift of music.

    I'll wait Bud. I know you're swamped. Can't wait to hear he CD though! :-)

    Grazie, Liv! :-)

    10:20 PM, November 13, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    Definitely have to write a melody for this and record it! Wish I lived near you, I'd work on it!

    8:01 AM, November 15, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home