Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, November 23, 2007

    Fugue







    It's peaceful today. The sky is that solid white that darkens down to slate at the horizon. The snow is falling, and when I poke my head out the door I can hear a wren, a finch, some geese, a flicker, and two other birds I can't name. The cold air is still and freezes the inside of my nose as I breathe. The year feels old, but it feels the way it should. Cold. Snow. Peaceful.





    7 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Lynn wrote in a love letter...

    I guess that means that you didn't hit the shopping malls. lol

    8:27 AM, November 24, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    *s* Sounds beautiful. If the temp would drop about twenty five degrees down here we'd probably be having snow too, but as it's up around fifty five I brought in the tree (a nice Noble Fir) dripping with water, not snow nor ice. It's odd having a hot Xmas. *lol*

    1:04 PM, November 24, 2007  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    mom and dad said they woke up to snow on Wed. morning. need to get the kids out there to play in snow. perhaps a boyo playdate is in order.

    1:09 PM, November 24, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hee! No WAY, Lynn. The thought gives me hives...

    Bu haven't you always had hot Christmases down there in the land of Green Bayou Air, Ir? Seems a snowy Christmas would be a weird one for you. :-)

    Absolutely, Liv! Let me know when you're heading out this way...

    9:33 PM, November 24, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    If I HAD to live in such a place I'm sure I would do my best to find the beauty in it. But you do it so well I couldn't match that. And who am I kidding, I hate the fucking cold!

    3:01 PM, November 25, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy, this is true. Santa comes in shorts and a wife-beater tee when he gets down here, and rides a pirogue pulled by eight tiny alligators...

    gods I'm tired of that image. *lol*

    If it snows here it'll do so closer to January. Granted the last time it snowed here was the Millennial Eve, which almost proved to me that the Universe really DOES care about making a big entrance.

    4:05 PM, November 25, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Didn't you read the Robert Frost poem I posted? "Close the window" and if you miss the bird's call it is your loss, watch the trees toss -- or something....

    11:27 AM, November 30, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home