Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, November 09, 2007

    The End Is Near

    After 55 days, O is taking a day off.

    On Monday, the day after he closes the store for good.

    It's been a good run. Almost 20 years.

    6 awards for Best Used Bookstore in Denver.

    It's an industry in flux. You won't see a bricks and mortar bookstore in 10 years.

    See you online.

    Labels: ,

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    I'll be there. And i hope O enjoys his time off without fretting.

    10:49 PM, November 09, 2007  
    Anonymous d-man wrote in a love letter...

    Someday we will all be plugged in to the matrix...

    4:11 AM, November 10, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    It's true, we are all wired. I'm betting O will make the proper adjustments. Let the dude rest a while first.

    2:38 PM, November 10, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    As much as I fight tooth and nail to keep from marching too fast into the Future I have to agree with your assessment--brick and mortar stores are a thing of the genteel past, like tobacco stores and men in fedoras. What a sad state of affairs.

    4:38 PM, November 10, 2007  
    Blogger Lynn wrote in a love letter...

    That is just so sad. I love to walk through bookstores, new and used. One less one is definitely NOT progress.

    8:19 PM, November 10, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    He's looking forward to it, Meno. He deserves it.

    Sure, D-Man, tell me that AFTER I've taken the red pill...

    Plans are in the works already, Bud. After a good deal of beer-drinking.

    And a sad comment, Ir. True, nonetheless.

    I agree, Lynn. But times are changing, and we must change or die.

    11:07 PM, November 10, 2007  
    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    Sigh. I know, adapt or perish. I'm partly to blame, I'd rather shop online for most things, but I'm a diehard for real bookstores, fresh produce, and galleries.

    3:22 PM, November 11, 2007  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    O deserves a day off--or 2! I guess it's the end, eh? But, please know that I'll be raising a glass in your direction for a good run in the biz!

    11:45 AM, November 12, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home