Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, November 12, 2007

    Day Thirteen




    This is real tempting right now.





    Blogging Without Obligation



    And I just really like the bird.






    Labels: , ,

    9 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    Like I bottle of red, or a cookie fresh from the oven...

    2:12 PM, November 13, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I don't feel any obligation already. I blog when I can or when I have something to say. I'm not apologizing. I miss everybody a lot when I'm lot blogging but pressing business prevents me.

    3:59 PM, November 13, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Oh boy, i am so in agreement with this.

    I made my blog a no apology zone quite a while ago.

    I also wish that bloggers wouldn't threaten to quit just to get the "Oh, please don't, i can't live without you" comments.

    Either write, or don't.

    5:59 PM, November 13, 2007  
    Blogger Lynn wrote in a love letter...

    Does that include NaPoBloMo?

    10:26 PM, November 13, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Patches! You tempter! ;-)

    Bud, you are one of the busiest guys I know right now.

    I'm doing this for the fabulous prizes offered by NaBloPoMo, Meno. And they are, really. But man. And I'm with you on the, 'Look at me! Look at me! I'm quiting!
    Really I am THIS TIME!!111!!!!'

    Na_P_o_B_loMo, Lynn? Wassat? Does it have prizes? :-)

    11:43 PM, November 13, 2007  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    I get so sick of reading the "my comments went down, i'm sapped for inspiration, nobody's reading, my sitemeter exploded" blues. I don't know why we can't just feel free to write and comment or not. Maybe we might write but not comment or comment but not write. WHO BLOODY CARES!?

    8:53 AM, November 14, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Well, and just so you all know, not that you asked, I am writing to challenge myself to do this post-a-day thing. Because I lead a rich fantasy life, I get to pretend I am a columnist to see if I can actually come up with something for my brain to fiddle with every day (like a cat tosses a rat, meno?).

    I'm not writing for you all. So there. That takes the pressure off, because I'm really just a lazy slob and if I feel like stopping for awhile, you'd better believe I will!

    (But I'm addicted. And, well, I might as well admit how often I find myself saying "well, this -- er... friend of mine was saying...." and inevitably, the friend is one of you lot. Some sort of strange comment on my life that most of the "friends" I cite are people I've never met in person..... Well, we find community where we can, eh?

    10:13 AM, November 14, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Prizes, Liv. Prizes. ;-)

    Hee, I do the same, Amusing. Usually when I'm talking to someone 'out here.' I mean, hey, just because I've never laid eyes on someone doesn't mean they aren't a friend. I figure there will be a face-to-face someday.

    4:11 PM, November 14, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    I've never felt obligated to blog. *snort* No, I can't say it with a straight face. But I think "obligation" is a strong word. I'm the kind of person who likes to entertain people, and if I can do that blogging then I want to do it, and when I'm up to my arse in alligators like I've been this week and can't read, much less post I always feel like I've let you guys down, my friends. My readers.

    As for the bird? It's no Puffing Chicken.

    4:43 PM, November 15, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home