Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Sunday, October 21, 2007

    And It's Still Falling




    This morning I woke up to this.

















    Labels: , ,

    14 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger ms chica wrote in a love letter...

    You get snow, and I get to spend time frolicking in the ocean with a boogie board. Baffles the mind, doesn't it?

    1:30 PM, October 21, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Ahh! The beauty of snow in CO returns. Park yourself in front of the fireplace while you bake some of your famous snickerdoodles. I'll be drooling quietly here in Seattle.

    2:40 PM, October 21, 2007  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    SNOW!

    SNOW
    SNOW
    SNOW!!!!

    *bounce* *bounce* *bounce*
    /jo

    3:04 PM, October 21, 2007  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    No freakin way!!!!

    How purdy.....

    4:00 PM, October 21, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Call me a Grinch but all I can think about is all of that shit I had to shovel when I lived in NY. Also driving in it near people who were clueless, made one's heart pound a bit too hard.

    5:15 PM, October 21, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Snow. Damn. I worked all weekend in the back in bare feet, a straw hat, T-shirt and shorts, and got sweat and sunburn/windburn for my troubles. Just once I'd like a little snow to call my own. *s*

    7:22 PM, October 21, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Oh how i miss it, thank you for sharing. All the world looks so beautiful covered with a fresh layer of frosting.

    8:24 AM, October 22, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    I can so wait for our snow. I love it. I love how clean it makes the world seem. But five months of it is more than enough for me. Is it normal for you to get that kind of snowfall this early in the year?

    8:37 AM, October 22, 2007  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Lovely, lovely, lovely. . .

    11:51 AM, October 22, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    The first snowfall is pretty.

    After that it's just work.

    Not really baseball weather is it?

    8:26 AM, October 23, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Life's not fair, Chica. *sigh*

    We didn't have any wood, Schmoop! (Heheh heheh, hehehheh...)

    Twas purdy,huh, Jo?

    Way, Cheese. Lovely and strange.

    Oh, I knew you'd say that,Bud! ;-)

    Snow can't survive that green bayou air, Ir. I'll have to mail you a box of it. ;-)

    My backyard looks best under a white blanket, Meno. I could photograph it all day. But that would mean getting cold. Hmm.

    I know what you mean, Maggie. I had my fill last winter. Colorado often gets a little preview, but this was ridiculous. I think it topped off at 8 inches. My first year out here, it snowed on September 1st. I wept openly. Until it melted later that day.

    Tis, Popeye. You'll be escaping it soon?

    Amen, Rudi. Of course out here, it often melts before you get the shovel out.
    But you're right. It's a good thing no one can buy baseball tickets anyway.

    8:50 AM, October 23, 2007  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    woo-hoo!!!

    maybe Christmas in Aspen... will keep posted if the familia de madness comes out west!

    12:34 PM, October 23, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Woo-hoo! Let me know!

    12:56 PM, October 24, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    I always love it the first time of the season but hate it by the end of March!! A love-hate relationship to be sure! Is that early for where you live? Will it stay long? We haven't even had frost yet and i'm in mid-Ontario but we've had an unusually mild fall.

    9:00 AM, October 25, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home