Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Sunday, September 23, 2007

    And suddenly




    there were dry golden leaves everywhere – scattered under the tree, over the driveway, swirled by the wind into a pile in front of the garage door, a pile made for small hands to lift and toss, to scatter flecks into ash-blond curls, to kick up a smell of dust and faded flowers and cooler nights to come.






    12 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    Hey girlie... I SAW that on my way to Navajo! Finaly got to see the Aspens turn....

    9:47 PM, September 23, 2007  
    Blogger liv wrote in a love letter...

    There's nothing like it in the world. How I love that part of the country. Do yourself a favor and drive up into Roaring Fork Valley this Autumn, and smile and breathe before all the idiot Aspen tourists show up. xoxo

    10:12 PM, September 23, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Yeah, pretty as can be. But I like to stay warm. I'll just look at the pictures and never have to worry that all that prettiness is an intro to winter snow. I'm happy for you that you can still dig it, though.

    4:30 AM, September 24, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Our oaks are dropping their acorns now, and the squirrels outside our fence are eyeing the dogs...

    WE don't get much of a show up here, which is why I plant things like Quaking Apens in the yard...

    10:05 AM, September 24, 2007  
    Blogger Lynn wrote in a love letter...

    Sounds like Halloween is right around the corner.

    2:56 PM, September 24, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    I am looking forward to cooler temperatures...not the crop of acorns that announce its arrival.

    1:00 PM, September 25, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    And Suddenly

    my vision blurs
    emotions move across my face
    unbidden but not unwelcome
    the taste of salt
    the taste of thoughts

    ---------------------

    Gosh darnit Woman! I got work to do.

    I can't get my work done with my eyes leaking because I'm stunned by the beauty of your verse again for the umpteenth time!

    3:18 PM, September 25, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    I'm so ready for winter. So ready for cold, for the crisp in the air and the tang of wood smoke from the chimney.

    7:42 PM, September 25, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    the gingko in my yard has leaves the color of lemon drops

    4:36 PM, September 26, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    And in marches Fall!

    Way up here in Canadian igloo country...ha!..we've had such a hot dry summer and Sept. that many leaves are just dying and falling off the stressed trees before they change.
    (Imagine what stresses a tree has...might trade it for some of mine!)

    3:05 PM, September 27, 2007  
    Anonymous d-man wrote in a love letter...

    Hey lazy. I've posted that workplace song. You may be the only other one that gets it. Or, at least, parts of it.

    3:20 AM, September 30, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    my front hall table has a bowl full of acorns and a vase full of sunflowers. Yup. It's fall.

    11:26 AM, September 30, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home