Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, June 07, 2007

    Walking on the Moon




    Wherein I totally lose my Blog cred.


    It's been a roller coaster, Dear Readers. I've missed you. I need to catch up on everybody's lives. And I actually have two partly-constructed posts that I haven't had time to complete. So things are going to get out of order here.


    Anyway.


    Clowncar and family were in town last weekend and that was Big Fun.


    Then I had a big fight with O (don't ask).


    Into every life a little rain must fall. Hard. With hail. And destroy the garden. That happened on Tuesday.


    But it was followed by a fancyschmancy dinner with /Jo which involved much red wine and pita bread and fifteen different sauces.


    Anyway, I've missed you guys. And I'm not even on vacation yet. That starts this weekend, when my parents get into town.


    And speaking of, my dad emailed me last week; a quick note saying, 'Are you going to see The Police?' I responded with 'No, the show's sold out, and tickets were way to expensive anyway.'


    Now, this is a tragedy. It's a tragedy because back in '84 my dad and I spent hours on the phone trying to score tickets for the Synchronicity Tour and never succeeded, and then they had the audacity to go and break up.


    And it's weird because, you see, Sting is Someone I'm Supposed to Meet. It's just one of those things.

    Trust me.


    So tonight when I was making dinner, O wondered why I suddenly stopped, said, 'Where's the phone?' found it, picked it up, dialed a number that had popped into my head for no apparent reason this morning, hung up, mumbled, “I hate this damn phone! You have to hit redial twice to get it to work,” then calmly said to the person on the other end, “I am? That's...that's wonderful.” and conducted the rest of the conversation from the kitchen floor.


    Because, well, ten minutes before that somewhere in the back of my brain I thought, “The Police are coming, and I bet that when a Police song comes on the radio you're supposed to call, and I have this random phone number in my head, and I've been thinking all day about what a funny post it would make if...”


    So I did.


    Yup. Going to see The Police. Friday morning I find out if it's from the first row. Either way it's ok, because my dad's going to be in town. After I called and told him the good news, he told me he had emailed me because he thought that if I wasn't going already, he'd try to score some tickets for the newly-added second show and talk my mom into driving out early.


    I've said it before and I'll say it again – my superpower is synchronicity.

    Labels: , , ,

    15 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Amazing story, Pants! Truly amazing. I love went ha kind of stuff happens. I never say the police but got to watch Sting while pressed up against the stage by the crowd. The reasons involve a long story. He was amazing but for some strange reason what I remember most is that in my line of sight to him were his backup singers whose skirts I couldn't help but look up. I hope you get to sit so close he sweats in your general direction. have fun, love!

    4:57 AM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Nice! Superb! You're a freak, but we love you!

    6:42 AM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Wow congrats! Cannot wait to hear about the concert. You are going to fill us in right? You're going to be sure to meet him aren't you?

    7:04 AM, June 07, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Glad to see you back among the blogging.

    Regarding the fight: I hope it didn't get all the way to "The Bed's to Big Without You".

    Regarding Sting: Does this do it for you?: http://www.mattresspolice.com/images/sting_dune.jpg

    or did you have some geeky fan girl question to ask about Zenyatta Mondatta?

    8:02 AM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger Da Duck wrote in a love letter...

    First off, hi, welcome back to the net.

    Second...The police are back together??? I thought that would never happen(and that is what Sting said)

    Third....I WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    8:42 AM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger mschica wrote in a love letter...

    Inspiring. Maybe this is sign that I shouldn't give up so easily about scoring my coveted concert tickets...hmmm . Enjoy the concert.

    10:10 AM, June 07, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Big Fun indeed.

    Congrats on the tix. That Sting is so dreamy!

    10:23 AM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    My sister got so good at winning concert tickets, she had to get psuedonymns.

    I never would have seen Mose Allison if it were not for her...

    And Sir Paul... ANd...

    Woohoohoo on being such a grand winner!

    10:27 AM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Hey there, nice to hear from you!

    Amazing news on the tickets. It was just meant to be.

    I hope he wears something sleeveless for the concert, that man has nice arms.

    3:27 PM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    That's

    freakin

    awesome!

    5:16 PM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    You have magical powers. :)

    6:49 PM, June 07, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    What a great turn of events and glad you gott'em. Enjoy the concert.

    11:23 AM, June 08, 2007  
    Blogger Sober Briquette wrote in a love letter...

    AAAAWWWEEESOME!

    1:41 PM, June 08, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hmmm...you sound like one of those heterosexuals, Bud. ;-)

    Somebody's got to love the freaks, Ir. ;-)

    Well, I guess I'll meet him next time, Maggie. :-) But I'll be sure to give details about the show.

    Rudi, I don't even have to follow that link to know that yes, it does do something for me, and that it was actually on my bedroom door. I was Little Princess Geek. ;-)

    I think Sting was running short on ideas, Duckie (but not cash, for sure) so he decided to get back with the boys. I'll quoink at them for you. ;-)

    Whatcha want to see, Ms Chica? I just realized I have no idea what your musical tastes are.

    Thanks, Clowncar! Good luck with Rye!

    So what did she do for addresses, Scott. I'm pretty good at winning contests with this station too.

    Amen, Meno. They never looked better than in the Fortress Around Your Heart video. *drool*

    Thanks, Jo! One of things, ya know? ;-)

    Not magical, Schmoop; synchronatic. ;-)

    Thanks, MOI. They've always been one of my favs. :-)

    Thanks, SB! :-)

    8:08 PM, June 08, 2007  
    Anonymous d-man wrote in a love letter...

    Spooky -- that is my superpower as well!

    Except I can also make beer.

    4:39 AM, June 11, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home