Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, May 05, 2007

    Sparkle

    I can't believe it's already Friday night. And I'm in a real live coffeeshop downtown (Paris), and due to events of two weeks ago, I am now Hip Enough to Be Here.


    Let's review. But first, let's wave to Jo. Hi Jo.


    A conversation, two weeks ago, among the Sushi Babes:


    Sushi Babe Der-Leche-Globetrotter: “Does it hurt?”


    Sushi Babe Hippie-for-Jesus: “You die a little inside.”


    Sushi Babe Der-Leche-Globetrotter: “Oh.”


    Sushi Babe Hippie-for-Jesus: “So, Nance,* you ready to lose a little bit of your soul?”


    Sushi Babe Nancy-Dancehall: “Bring it on.”


    Sushi Babe Hippie-for-Jesus: “You sure you don't want to do this?”


    Sushi Babe Der-Leche-Globetrotter: “Oh no. I've spent enough money on my nose. I'm not going to put a hole in it. But I brought the camera! Smile!”


    *click* *click*


    Ten minutes later, I had a new hole in my head. Yay!


    I'm wearing a little clear rhinestone. O calls me Sparkle.


    But the guy who pierced my nose could have been friendlier. I mean, when you're going to poke a hole in someone's face, shouldn't you be just a little bit friendly? I finally got him to warm up when I asked him about his daughter's artwork. We were friends after that. Well, maybe not friends, but I felt better about having him potentially deliver unto me some god-awful pain.


    Which didn't happen. It didn't hurt as much as getting my ears pierced. Seriously. I'd been psyching myself up all week and it only hurt for about three minutes.


    Anyway.


    It's been a GREAT week, so great that I can't even write about it. I've tried. It comes out wrong. There wasn't any Great Big Event that made it good, just a series of very nice happenings. And I'm bulletproof. Nothing got me down this week, and there were a few things that really could have. I just want to thank you all for your comments in my last post. It's a big part of it, I think.


    And Maggie's poem capped off a good week.


    So. Maybe when I get another free bit 'o time, and my Medroxyprogesterone isn't drawing me to my bed (yes, it's hours later and I'm home) I can actually write about some of those nice things that happened this week.


    And maybe I can come up with a post including the word 'belly' that includes something about a very erotic dream I had concerning mine, in which petals slipped one by one from someone's hand, and when they landed on my belly became little drops of rain that slid down my skin.

    That is, if you really want to hear about something like that. I'd hate to corrupt the pure hearts and minds of my Dear Readers.



    *They actually don't know my Secret Identity. But since you might not know my Real Identity, we won't cross nickname streams here.






    Labels: , , ,

    16 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    It is different when we actually get to choose WHERE we put the holes in our head.

    I read Maggie's poem yesterday. It was cool to read it and know who it was intended for. Glad things are looking up. I'll be waiting eagerly to read about your belly.

    8:15 AM, May 05, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Uhm...hello? Pictures? Let's SEE this so-called hole in your head!

    I miss working in a tattoo shop--those were some of the most astounding, interesting people you could ever meet. And not the artists, I mean the clients. People from nurses to cops to grifters, from professionals to stoners and all points inbetween. And stories? Shoooo.

    8:43 AM, May 05, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Guess i will see that new hole in your head.

    Hard to understand why an unfriendly person would work as a piercer.

    I am looking forward to hearing more about that great week.....

    9:22 AM, May 05, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    How do you pick your nostril?

    And I don't mean, how do you pick which side to put a hole in. I mean, once the stud is in, how do you get the boogers out?

    10:27 AM, May 05, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Oh I so want to hear about the rose petals. Of course now you've given my mind just enough to form my own fantasies - how lovely.

    Barbaloots and their suits would make a super cool tattoo! On the other hand, I love the idea of your sparkly nose - I agree with Irrelephant - pics pics

    10:31 AM, May 05, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Just another reason you will fit in around here. I work with a guy (yes, he teaches preschool, and I say that because in CO and MO, not too many guys teach preschool), who has his lower lip pierced. I also work with a few women who have their noses pierced. Most days, when I stop at a coffee shop for my daily fix, one or more of the baristas is pierced in a variety of places. I love the look. If I actually liked my nose I might pierce it. I do not want to draw attention to it! Your nose is quite nice, so good call!

    11:16 AM, May 05, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    I once worked with a young black hottie chick at the cable company and she had her nose pierced way before it was de riguer. She came in with a head cold one day and sneezed in front of me, but she held her fingertips to the bottom of her nose, and a green snot bubble came out of the piercing hole.

    What I want to know is how many of these pierced people have pierced nipples too. I NEED to know...

    2:14 PM, May 05, 2007  
    Blogger Jay wrote in a love letter...

    Brave!
    I hope you'll show us when it's all healed.

    8:05 AM, May 06, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Cool! You should rig up a little teabag attachment so you can steep your teas hands-free.

    Alas, that green snot bubble anecdote of Stucco's has lodged in my brain and taken up permanent residence. Yikes.

    I start school tomorrow! Flannery O'Conner is never going to be the same!

    4:32 PM, May 06, 2007  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    I've always thought you sparkled even before the nose bling! :-) Can't wait to see some pics!!!

    7:36 PM, May 06, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Do you guys have permanent plans yet in Seattle?

    I think you should drive south along the coast and meet up with Cheesy and I in the middle of nowhere on the beach...

    8:09 PM, May 06, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    It seemed like such an intimate thing, Patches. I mean, SMILE when you do that to me, bud! I know; Maggie's the best.

    I TRIED, Ir, but the photos look awful. Nobody wants to see me _that_ close up. So, do tell some stories. :-)

    Yes, Meno, you WILL. :-) I am so excited! Cookies for dessert, yes?

    Scott, that is the question. I sort of have to move the French hook thingy (or would that be the freedom hook thingy? Not much freedom there in my nostril now...) out of the way first. And of course I always use a Kleenex. :-) So it sounds like I'm meeting you, too?

    Maggie, you rule! Thank you again for the poem. :-) I tried to put the petal/rain thing into a poem, but I just don't have your skill.

    Woo-hoo! Tomorrow night, Schmoop! Eh, after a glass or two of port, I'll walk you down to Ye Old Tattoo Parlor...

    EEEEEEWWWWWW!! Ew Ew Ew EWWW! No green bubbles yet, my dear Stucco. EW. ANd nohing else pierced, 'cept my ears.

    Jay! Oh, it's all healed. Paper-thin nostrils, and all that. Nothing to it!

    Ah, but the question is, WHICH tea, Clowncar? Man, you need to tape that class. I wanna hear you teach a bunch of snot-nosed kids about Flannery O'Connor.

    Aww, thank, DMG! I need to call you when I get back. Looks like my next trip takes me through Des Moines, and there's a certain belly I need to rub...

    Schmoop mentioned something along those lines. Did Cheesy get time off work?

    12:05 AM, May 07, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    I am still in Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa to Seattle is umm... a few miles. Nobody told me where to go or what to do, so I've stayed here helping my sister. I had hopes of a beach rendevous, but nobody told me nuthin'...

    Big sad frown...

    10:08 AM, May 07, 2007  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    That dream about the petals and the rain? CORRUPT ME, woman!

    11:17 AM, May 07, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    I am a suck for pain...don't think I could do the nose thing...4 holes in my ears were enough! Do you use special nose studs or ordinary earrings?

    7:57 PM, May 07, 2007  
    Blogger Da Duck wrote in a love letter...

    WAIT A MINUTE!!! you got pierced? I demand a picture!!!!!!!!

    and you go girl!

    9:10 AM, May 08, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home