Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Sunday, May 27, 2007

    About That Writing Time

    I'm working on something else instead. I'm binding a quilt that needs to be finished by Monday night so that I can send it off to a baby shower in Illinois.


    I've been working on it a long time now.


    And I'm very sad, because the one person I really want to show the quilt to can't see it. Because I don't know how to show it to her. My godmother, Liz. The quilt is for her first grandchild.


    I don't know what to do. Do I take it outside and hold it up to the sky? Do I wait and press it against the ground at her grave site when I pass through in June? What do I do?


    Labels: , ,

    13 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Visit after the baby is born. Wrap that precious baby in the quilt, hold the bundle and whisper a story about Liz, in the baby's ear. She'll be there to hear it and see her quilt too.

    12:13 PM, May 27, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    mmm, just show it to the memory, love. I can't offer anything better than that. My belief system just doesn't work that way. Now I'm gonna go back and read about your Seattle trip.

    12:55 PM, May 27, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    She sees it in your mind. I think we honor people who are gone just my thinking about them. And like schmoopie said, tell that baby the stories.

    Maybe you could show it to us?

    1:34 PM, May 27, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Schmoop already nailed it.

    If you get the chance do it outside on a stary night.

    And just for fun, make a little kids rainbow drawing on the box you send it in.

    3:29 PM, May 27, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    If she could see it, she already has...

    5:04 PM, May 27, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    I don't know, sometimes, what exactly I do or should or might believe, but I know this--if there is any part of her around us to see your careful, loving work then I assure you, she was there with you from the first stitch.

    5:59 PM, May 27, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    If you've ever bared your soul to her, then you've shown her the quilt.

    8:36 PM, May 27, 2007  
    Blogger Lynn wrote in a love letter...

    She sees it now.

    11:18 PM, May 27, 2007  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Its always about the stories. Quilts tell stories.

    10:37 AM, May 28, 2007  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    Pretend you're showing it to her. You can probably well imagine what she'd say, how she'd touch, the tones. In fact you've probably already done it.

    3:25 PM, May 28, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    I like all of the above answers. But I'd still say hold it up to the sky. Just because the image of you doing that is so grand and gorgeous and I can imagine myself doing it and feeling tingly all over.

    6:57 AM, May 29, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    I did write the Red Tailed Hawk Tale- homepage...

    9:57 AM, May 29, 2007  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    If she is the one who taught you to quilt... she is IN the blankie!

    10:12 PM, May 30, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home