Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, April 30, 2007

    Something Better

    I have a man

    and our minds tick to the same clock.

    We have a jar of weeds

    with little purple blossoms

    on the front porch.

    We have a larder

    with two pounds of butter

    and plenty of sugar.

    We have days of hard work

    and pleasure.

    Rolly-pollies, crickets, dandelions

    Snap peas and potatoes,

    Strawberries and mint.

    We have a garden of white blossoms

    over our heads.


    Touching his arm, I say,

    “Look up through the garden

    to the clouds snagged in the branches.”

    Labels: , , ,

    14 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    Oh god, this is so beautiful...can you come lay on this blanket with me in the backyard? I have cookies and kool-aid. We can talk about boys and periods....

    10:43 AM, April 30, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    simplicity is the greatest beauty isn't it?

    11:03 AM, April 30, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    It is wonderful to be so in synch with someone under a canopy of fragrant blossums!

    6:32 PM, April 30, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Oh I'm there, Mona! Can I bring my boombox and Lindsey Buckingham mix tape? :-)

    Oh yeah, Maggie.

    Gardening is love. Food is love. My guiding principles, MOI.

    9:57 PM, April 30, 2007  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    I miss those moments... lovely post,,, just lovely!

    12:06 AM, May 01, 2007  
    Anonymous d-man wrote in a love letter...

    Nice.

    5:14 AM, May 01, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    There is comfort in being synchronized with your mate.This is very soulful.

    12:02 PM, May 01, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    I really liked this. What is the weed with little purple blossoms? I'm sure you had a specific one in mind.

    1:47 PM, May 01, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    That's very sweet.

    To hell w/ Mona (nuttin personal dear) hanging out for girl talk. I wanna be the guy on the blanket next to the girl who thinks that way about me. I want to be adored. Is that so wrooong?

    Are the boyos dressed in purple?
    Are they the weeds?

    8:52 PM, May 01, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    One of my favorite places ever -- under the cherry trees in Central Park this time of year, with the pink petals fluttering down all around

    9:28 PM, May 01, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    He's a lucky bastard all right, all them clouds and butter and sugar...sounds like one hell of a cake recipe!

    5:50 PM, May 02, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    I love the kast line since that's exactly what they can look like! (I am also looking out at a plastic grocery bag that has been snagged in our tree all winter..that baby's comin' down soon!)

    7:22 PM, May 02, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Awww...Cheesy!

    Thanks, D-Man. :-)

    Nothing better, Patches.

    Thanks, Clowncar. I need to research the name of the purple-flowered weed. It's growing EVERYWHERE.

    I see nothing wrong with wanting to be adored, Rudi. I plan to conquer the world with the sole purpose of being adored. ;-) Nope; but they're GROWING like weeds! And I don't keep them in a jar, though there are days....

    And that wonderful smell with a sweet high note and a cilantro undertone. LOVE cherry trees, Amusing. People slow down to look at the one in our front yard.

    Hmmmm...cloud cake with cherry blossom frosting...

    What a lonely image -- a bag in a tree all winter. Here's to spring!

    7:49 PM, May 02, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    My guess is that it's musk thistle. Lots of pointy bits?

    9:53 PM, May 02, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home