Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, April 02, 2007

    Now What?




    It had dwindled down to a little work, but I liked it. I liked the people. That's more important. I liked the people.
    And it's gone now. And they didn't even have the grace to tell me.
    And they owe me money.
    Now what?

    ***

    Update: It appears no one was told about the sale. Shabby behavior from people I respected. I'll get paid, but the question is when.

    Labels: , , ,

    17 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    The jackasses at the design company laid you off? What a sack of briars.

    You could always sue them for the missing wages. *grin* Hit 'em where it hurts a company most--right in the wallet.

    10:55 AM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    How did you find out? Where did they go?

    11:12 AM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    I loo at that image and see a butt.

    12:22 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    er, "look" at that image... Paging Dr. Freud...

    12:22 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Da Duck wrote in a love letter...

    va?! they did WHAT?! bastards.

    hehehe@stucco

    12:38 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    Aw, crap. Y'all could band together and hire a lawyer. Sometimes a little legal threat is enough to shake money out.

    1:48 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Looks like the did it to everyone. My pressman has the choice to stay, but without health insurance and a 5-figure drop in pay. So, I'm ok, all things considered. I feel bad for him.

    I found out from said pressman, Schmoop. The owners still have not contacted me.

    Stucco, you look at everything and see a butt. ;-)

    Yup. Sneaky, and out of character. But, that's business right? Just one more thing I'll never understand.

    1:51 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Whoops, you snuck in there, Mona. :-) I'd end up paying more than I'd get back. It's ok. We'll see if I have any problems after talking to them.

    1:54 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    I hate being disappointed by people i liked. Boo hiss!

    2:00 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    It happens in academia too. Last year I emailed a teacher I'd had who lives in England. "Gee, sorry you won't be teaching the class this year," I wrote "I owed you a beer!"

    "Huh?" he replied.

    They never even answered his emails when he wrote specifically asking if he should plan on coming over, get his visa, etc. They just never spoke to him again. Except they accidentally invited him to the end of year party. He thought about flying over for it just cuz.

    3:18 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    Perhaps an opportunity to 'Now I have to go do something completely different...' ?

    ?

    Not to suggest it doesn't suck (it does) and hurt (it does).
    /jo

    2:02 AM, April 03, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    People can be so disappointing. In most cases, it's not that difficult to know what the right thing to do is. Just makes my head hurt....sorry Nancy.

    6:24 AM, April 03, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Who raised these people? Thats what I want to know. Whose mama didn't teach them that its rude and sucky and assy to not own up to your actions and inform people of the things that affect them? How come we don't have that respect any more?

    9:46 AM, April 03, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Stucco: The Ghost of Freud quit when he heard you were coming.

    On other fronts, or affronts as the case may be, simple rules work sometimes.

    This comes under the heading "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten".

    Remember to say "please".
    Remember to say "thank you".

    When you have hurt someone remember to say "SORRY" (DAMMIT!) and try to mean it. (Okay, the emphasis there is mine, couldja tell?)

    Some say society is kept glued together by rigid formality. Not me.

    I think manners are the grease that let us slide past each other without rubbing people the wrong way.

    (Now you know how I meant that, but if that ain't a straight line begging for a lewd comment I don't know what is.)

    Sorry Nancy, you've gone from winter wonderland to crap-ville overnight.

    12:57 PM, April 03, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    I always go in expecting the best out of people, Meno. I'm rarely disappointed, but when I am let down, it REALLY hurts.

    Whoa, Amusing! Ok, at least my commute was only 10 minutes, not 10 hours, only to find out my services were not required. Sheesh!

    Jo, it's as if my passage to further graphic design gigs is blocked by 300 Spartans, or perhaps 600 unjiggling man-boobs. I know when I'm out-numbered. *wink*

    Thanks, Patches. It's just that it's so surprising, coming from these two owners. Like family, they were.

    Money talks, Maggie. And apparently the contract wouldn't let THEM talk...but STILL!

    Hee hee hee, Rudi. Pass the tube of manners. ;-)

    9:12 PM, April 03, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    I don't get it...

    Do you need a big old ugly hairy dude to stick up for you?

    I's just sayin'...

    10:21 PM, April 03, 2007  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    That's
    Just
    Unacceptable...

    Where is my cat-o-nine tails???

    Maybe Scott and I can bring some good old fashioned Oregon justice out that way?? What do you say Scott? Feel like a road trip ass whoopin?

    8:02 AM, April 04, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home