Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, April 20, 2007

    No.

    There's been some sort of explosion behind one of the high schools here. Ponderosa High School in Parker.

    They've apprehended a suspect, with another explosive device.

    I don't understand. I can't understand. I can't.

    Sounds like no one was hurt. Thank god.

    10 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    Bloody heck. Thats all it needs....Okay. Well I hope it turns out to be as comically silly as a mate of mine - whole school evacuated because the Bomb Disposal Squad had to be called in to disarm....you guessed it, a sports kit which had been left unwashed the whole summer holidays.
    Dantares.

    1:30 PM, April 20, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    A stink bomb?

    Yes. It looks like it was a student who thought he was being clever. What the hell is wrong with people?!

    1:45 PM, April 20, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Thank god and god damn at the same time...hope that kid learns a big lesson. Scaring people like that.

    3:15 PM, April 20, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Odd what some folks find funny, like scaring the crap out of other people. I imagine the student will not be dealt with gently. Good.

    5:03 PM, April 20, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    You know, when I wa blowing shit up left and right in the early 80's, I wasn't interested in involving anyone else. It's the blinding hatered of strangers that baffles me- particularly when there are so many known people worthy of blowing up or otherwise dispatching. Like I have said many times before, should I ever come down with bone cancer, Bob Sget had better go into hiding. Culling him would be my parting gift to the herd.

    6:21 PM, April 20, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    er, "Bob Saget". I should really proofread these posts.

    6:23 PM, April 20, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    My brother blew shit up all the time. He's a very nice daddy with very nice kids...

    these days...

    9:02 PM, April 20, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    A lot of the kids at Ponderosa are very strange. This stupid trick does not surprise me! A lot of them are on drugs and have no imagination.

    6:56 PM, April 23, 2007  
    Blogger lu wrote in a love letter...

    I'm just reading Bill Bryson's memoir about growing up during the 50's, "The Thunderbolt Kid." He recounts explosive episodes and school pranks that involved explosives and it is funny and seems a relatively innocent prank. There is so much more malice and dread out there now. Is it really any different or is it a matter of nostalgia and perspective?

    11:37 PM, April 23, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hey, Lu, thanks for stopping by! The thing that makes this prank so horrible was that it was on the anniversary of Columbine, right before a memorial. And the media of course made it sound worse than it was in the initial reports. Ga.

    Awful, isn't it, Schmoop?

    *s* Scott. So I've heard.

    Stucco, if you would just face your erotic feelings for Bob Saget, you'd feel so much better. ;-)

    2:03 PM, April 25, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home