Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, April 25, 2007

    But the light bulb has to WANT to change.

    Things I'd like to change, in no particular order:


    Parts of yesterday


    Colorado water laws regarding rights to rainwater


    My career


    This nasty, 30-year-old carpet


    The fact that there are 400 boxes of books sitting in O's warehouse that should be on their way to Liberia but our friend is STILL dragging his feet


    My diet


    My mood


    Chapters 3-5, possibly 6


    My hairstyle


    The hard-packed dirt in the back yard


    My lame posts of late


    My location in regards to certain friends scattered around the country


    The options Dr. S. gave me yesterday


    What's on your list?






    Labels: , , ,

    13 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Yup, you need some Schmoopie and Stucco time.

    Colorado laws in general are wacky- best to leave there (that was directed to O, so's I don't get in trouble)

    You have boyos and a dog- no carpet would ever satisfy.

    Don't change your hair- s'purdy.

    Chapter 4 needs more shocking revelations. And explosions. And nudity.

    That hardpacked dirt is called "Colorado". You may have seen lots of it where you are.

    Dr. S. is a straight shooter, just because he makes you crazy girly types swoon, doesn't mean he's not right.

    And you know what's on MY list. It's all filthy and legally actionable.

    3:05 PM, April 25, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Still, 20 pounds of old, stale beer off my belly.

    I need a new spine as well. Mine has been showing off for far too long and is pretty crunchy.

    I need naked breasts in my life again.

    3:48 PM, April 25, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    The president.

    The vice-president.

    Their advisors.

    My feet.

    Not meeting you.

    And Scott, i have naked breasts in my life. It's a good thing. You should find some to play with.

    5:22 PM, April 25, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    I'd like to change:


    My bed! (from Winter flannel to spring cotton!)

    My jean size!

    My computer.

    The tires on my car! HA! I never did learn that!

    The cost of taking pets to the vet!

    My oven to a self-cleaning one!

    My screensaver...no wait, I actually just did that!

    6:30 PM, April 25, 2007  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    As I'm in the midst of changing living situation, and just changed jobs four months ago, I am actually waiting for dust to settle again.

    We might have a little of that whole unstoppable-force/immovable-object thing goin on.

    Call Katie. She will make you love your hair again. She can have you in and out on any given Tuesday afternoon. Really.

    Stucoo's right: hardwoods would look so great in your house. Teenage boy and animal tolerant, too.
    /jo

    7:38 PM, April 25, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    My anxiety level

    The proximity of our house and yours

    Sal's energy level

    The amount of money in our savings account

    The cost of travel

    The affect of sugar content in foods on my thighs

    The general apathy/ignorance of Americans

    I'd take more time to read more BOOKS!

    8:14 PM, April 25, 2007  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    My self-image.

    My shyness.

    My self-defeat.

    My belly.

    9:21 PM, April 25, 2007  
    Anonymous d-man wrote in a love letter...

    Rainwater has rights?

    3:23 AM, April 26, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    I need more info on rainwater rights.

    I am worried that Scott wants to have breasts at the same time he wants to lose his belly; plastic surgery moves things around these days...

    If I find a magic wand, I'll rock/paper/scissors you to see who gets to use it first.....

    6:38 PM, April 26, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Yeah, I certainly didn't mean having MY OWN breasts...

    Man-breasts are NOT pretty to contemplate...

    6:54 PM, April 26, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    I had to read more:
    http://water.state.co.us/pubs/policies/waterharvesting.pdf

    Who knew a rain barrel could be against the law. Here (east coast) they are considered a sign of eco-friendlyness.

    7:33 PM, April 26, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    my weight

    the dilapidated retaining wall on our property

    my recent lack of focus

    my colors in my kitchen

    my inner jerk that picks on people mentally

    my plumbing - as in I'd like to go menopausal as weird as that sounds

    the entire book - daunting

    my age - heck I'd go back to 30, it could be fun

    my husband and son's relationship legally

    my TV - its too small whine whine

    my heels

    7:47 PM, April 26, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yay! Now that the DSL is back up, the wireless network is working, and the power's back on, all at the SAME damn time, I can respond to y'all. Sunspots the last couple of days? WTF?


    Stucco:
    Amen. And I'm carving my initials in the gest bed head board.

    Wacky short-sighted and downright dangerous. I'm all for a relocation.

    Nope -- but a renewable-rsource bamboo floor would.

    Thank you! But right now my hair says Hippie with Split Ends.

    Oh, it's getting more nudity, that's for sure. No explosions though. That's Chapter 33. Exploding Marilyns. Shocking revelations follow.

    Yeah, too much of it.

    Dr. S is absolutely right. And absolutely sympathetic. And hates what I'm going through almost as much as I do. Actually, he's got less tolerance for one aspect of it than I do.

    Heh. And that's why you're so much fun to be around, darlin'. ;-)


    Scott:
    Your beer, my chocolate. You belly, my butt.

    Your spine, my ankles.

    Your...um...nevermind...

    Meno:
    Yes, yes and more yesses! We see eye to eye. :-) And the last on thr list will be taken care of in...wow, 11 days or so! Woot!

    MOI:
    I need to link you. That's one more change. :-) Me too on half your list. So what's your new screen saver?

    Josie:
    "unstoppable-force/immovable-object thing goin on." Huh? What's that? *snort*

    I know I know I know; I need to call Katie.

    Schmoop:

    A little red wine and Dancehall'll take care of that.

    Amen.

    He'll settle now that he's been tutored.

    Um. When I figure that one out for us, I'll let you know...

    Ditto.

    Tripple Mochalatto ditto

    And it gets worse every day.

    And I know the book that's at the top of your list come July, because it's at the top of mine too...

    Mona:
    Who cares what YOU say; you're AWSOME. :-)

    Shyness is a tough one. I'm there with you.

    Send your internal editors to the dump.

    Bellies suck don't they? I think we'd get a pretty good consensus here.

    D-Man:
    Not in the state of Colorado it doesn't. It's a slave to ancient ownership laws. I am the Lorax, and I speak for the Rainwater!

    Amusing:
    Check out the link Mr. Rudi was good enough to supply. It will clue you in on the stupidity.

    Moobs? Ew...

    I'd be happy with a +5 Scroll of BellyRemoval. Geek, I am.

    Rudi:
    Thank you thank you thank you! Yes, you would think that out here in the DESERT rainbarrels would be good things, encouraged, if not actually legaly required. But noooooo. I want to change the laws, but O informs me that out here in the Wild West, people, 'are actually killed over water disputes.' We'll see.

    Maggie:
    I'm adding you to the belly group.

    Sounds dangerous

    That won't go away until the little sources go to college.

    Yay! Paint!

    Inner jerks can be fun.

    No, I TOTALLY understand. I salute you, fellow Veteran of the Cooter Wars! And it looks like I won't have the option of reaching menopause naturally.

    Entire book? Oh, please do tell.

    I'd go back to 17.

    I'm sorry you can't change that. That's a shame.

    *g* I'll send you mine. We use the computer now.

    Your heels, my ankles.

    10:35 PM, April 26, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home