Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, March 26, 2007

    Inventory

    So, here I blog from my puddle of pain. Something hormonal is going on, and I'm feeling like a guy who's getting kicked repeatedly in the balls, plus I have a stabbing, migraine-like headache. I've taken my painkiller cocktail – three aspirin, three Advil – my Bed Buddy is nuked and in my lap (not O; he doesn't fit in the microwave), and I've got a loverly glass of port, provided by the Clowncar-Hux family who got it from a friend, decided it wasn't their speed, and brought the bottle up to me, knowing what a port whore...I...am...ahem.


    If I add to this my prometrium, SinusPM and Bonny Prince Vicadin, I bet I'll be asleep before my head hits the slab.


    I am feeling that pain dragon uncoil from around my middle, so p'raps I'll save(or) the prince for another night. I'm usually not this wimpy, but I overexerted myself today when I should have known better. But let me tell you, it was worth it. Jo and I took the boyos out for Thai and then to the park. And there wasn't a single tantrum today. Not ONE! Oh, the joy, the rapture! So, I'll take this pain any day, ANY day, if it means no tantrums. Hell, I'll gargle bleach and glass.


    My house is clean. Hoo-ra. O is off tomorrow, and I'm going out for sushi with the Babes. Hoo-ra.


    My Grandmonster survived surgery today. Boo-hiss. Meh, if you knew her you'd boo-hiss too.



    Labels: , , , , , ,

    17 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Pain? Meh. Boo hiss...

    11:15 PM, March 26, 2007  
    Anonymous da duck wrote in a love letter...

    wow!! That is one hell of a pain remedy!

    2:49 AM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Yay tantrum free! Boo Grandmonster! Sushi rocks! (have you tried the stem-cell nigri? YUM!) Port whores...er...um...yay? It burns when I pee?

    7:43 AM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    NO tantrums?? You must give me the recipe for such a day!

    7:45 AM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    My microwaveable Bed Buddy is dying a slow and painful death. I over-nuked him and now he smells like burnt popcorn......still looking for a replacement. Hope you start feeling better soon Nancy! Cheers to good port : )

    8:26 AM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Boo-hiss ???!!! Ha ha, i had that grandmother too. She died. Eventually.

    Just don't take any Ambien, we don't want you sleep driving or having sleep sex.

    9:57 AM, March 27, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Sorry you are in the puddle o' pain, but glad the port was able to help (you realize the term "port whore" implies to some you are waiting around ports for sailors to come in) (not me, of course).

    We're going on a road trip tomorrow - no destination in mind other than south. We'll likely end up in New Mexico. Wanna come? Remember, 4 kids are easier to take care of than 2....

    Feel better!

    12:05 PM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    I recognize the cocktail. If it touches the pain, it eases you enough to stand and nuke the bed buddy and pour the glass of port. Take the Vicaden too. But I vote no on the gargling glass. Hang in there Nancy. When the pain is the worst just go ahead and scream. It doesn't really feel any better but damned if it doesn't divert your attention. Oh and you don't sound like an ass. Those little cysts are the evil that the devil planted in women and they suck. They suck the life out of everything beautiful. Can you feel my vehemence on your behalf? If only you could give those damn cysts to your grandmother...

    3:19 PM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    What is the direct opposite of WoohooHOO, Scott?

    Sure is, Duckie. :-)

    lol...stem cell nigiri? Nope, haven't gotten to that one yet...um...sorry to hear about your condition? *wink*

    NO tantrums, Mona! The clouds parted and the angels sang, I'm telling you. I blame the California Rolls. The boyos love 'em.

    Aw, poor Bed Buddy. Mine has lavander in it, so it still smells decent. Cheers! *clink*

    hee hee Meno...I have 4-year old twins. I sleep sex all the time...

    Ooo...temping, Clowncar. I'm talking to O about it. The boyos ARE off school this week...hmmmm...how many miles we talking? How many stops? Hell, we could just drive on down through Texas and on to New Orleans. I could scratch off a few people on my 'to meet' list...

    You know it, Maggie, my sister-in-arms. Devil's seeds; you are right. And if only I could pass them on...,

    3:56 PM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    It was a most lovely afternoon. I'm sorry it er, cost you, when it was sposed to be free.

    The monster had surgery? New evil implants? Damn, she always does so well after those....
    /jo

    5:01 PM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    "Port whore"? Is that anything like a "Wharf Wench"?

    6:11 PM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    The direct opposite is Ooh Ooh Oow!

    7:30 PM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Please be careful with your cocktail of drugs my wee little friend! You are too small to take all of that together.

    I am thinking you may need a consult with Dr. S. I mean...um..oh..ahhh. What was I saying? Oh yeah... Dr. S. needs to know what is going on.

    I want to take you out for Thai when you get here. I am still taste-testing the local restaurants. (Tuk Tuk still rocks!)

    My sympathies go out to you about Grandmonster. It seems like the meaner you are, the longer you live!

    8:25 PM, March 27, 2007  
    Anonymous Meredith wrote in a love letter...

    I know this is wrong but I can't help feeling that my jealousy over your positively scrumptious painkiller concoction is a bit strongerthan my sorrow over your pain. I'm so honest it hurts. Hurts bad. Like I need painkillers or something.
    Kidding. Just trying to make you smile. Sweet dreams.

    11:50 PM, March 27, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Eh, it was worth it, Jo. Fun fun. The Grandmonster was having those pesky horns removed again. They just keep growing back...

    Heh, wouldn't YOU like to know, Stucco...

    Perfect, Scott, perfect!

    I'm ok, Schmoop. Made it through the night. But I'm oing on Day Three of Solid Pain. I meet up with Dr. S. in early April. Tuk Tuk misses YOU. :-)

    Hee! It worked, Mer. Have a prince and a port on me.

    12:21 AM, March 28, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    There's something in the air; changne of seasons, drop in pressure, something. Everyone I talk to wants to crawl into bed with a migraine. I'm on day four of my headache. Maybe everyone's invisible wireless signals floating through the air are slowing doing us in....

    Any port in a storm, I always say.

    1:02 PM, March 28, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Have you changed out the aluminum in your hat, Amusing? After a while, it doesn't repel the signals like it should. I felt much better after I replaced mine. :-)

    11:30 PM, March 28, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home