Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, March 12, 2007

    Ramblings

    I live in a strange neighborhood. I mean, it's still Suburbia, but it's a bit on its ear. If I walk the length of two streets, and if my own ears are open, I can hear English, German, Italian, an African dialect I have no hope of identifying, Bosnian, and Farsi.


    And take the way people walk their dogs. There's my neighbor two doors down, Prime Bachelor Material, who was out walking this morning in a dark suit and yellow tie, one of his two Jack Russell Terriers racing around his feet. Then there was the day I watched a big stray round the corner, an SUV in pursuit. The dog slowed down, and I expected the driver to get out and coax him into the car. But the SUV kept pace with him all the way up the hill. The second time it happened, I realized this is how these people walk their dog. No, there wasn't a handicapped sign hanging from the rear view mirror.


    Then there are the weirdos with the twins...



    I have to decide which school to send the boyos to. They are in a small neighborhood school right now, and I want to keep them there, even though it is technically not their district. One of the reasons I want to keep them where they are is because of the house on the hill, off in the distance. It's a five an a half million dollar home. It's within their district. I understand that some of the kiddos arrived in limos to their kindergarten graduation. I can't even imagine the birthday parties.

    Labels: , , , , , ,

    7 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Lucia wrote in a love letter...

    I got a wonderful laugh out of your delightful labels! Tee hee!

    1:09 PM, March 12, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    ok I was just thinking about too much waste and the way we do it so carelessly here in North America. But walking the dog with an SUV takes the cake!

    Limos to kindergarten? OMG. And we thought the cap and gown were special! Ha!

    6:48 PM, March 12, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Heh. GV people are too funny. At least you guys are there to balance the neighborhood. I'd love to see you walk your JRT with an SUV! Hee hee! I'd pay to see that :) He'd so totally take off and you'd end up in traffic court from the speeding ticket obtained from Officer Donut. You'd have to sit next to some bitch talking about how her manicure went "terribly wrong" and how her little tyke is the best soccer team player. She'll give you advice on which limo companies to avoid for Kindergarten graduation. Hmm...could be useful! ;)

    7:30 PM, March 12, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    LOL using the suv to walk the dog. Could you be any lazier? Surburbia is a really weird place to live, but a totally inspirational place to blog from. so it is true reality is stranger than fiction....and I though that only applied to my life. Good luck on shagging one of those birthday invites for the boys

    9:17 PM, March 12, 2007  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    And are you ready to compete with those birthday parties? MTV's new show...My Super Sweet Six.

    10:48 PM, March 12, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, Lucia!

    Hey, our kids don't REALLY need electricity when they grow up, do they Maggie?

    Oh God, Schmoop. Get. Me. Out. Of. Here.

    The blow-up slide next door to your house takes the community cake, Patches.

    Hell no, Es. That's why the boyos are staying put. But after I publish The Novel I'll buy a fleet of SUV Limos to chase down party guests. Ha ha ha ha!

    12:42 AM, March 13, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    So the SUV dog walker doesn't bother to get out and pooper scoop huh? And you want to have your kids go to school with those people?

    5:58 AM, March 13, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home