Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, March 16, 2007

    Mona's Poetry Challenge -- Dance

    Gosh. I couldn't let this one go by could I?



    Odd Pair


    If they left things a bit looser, a little more unspecified,

    most people would never know or care about them.

    But their steps were precise, etching the floor

    almost burning the wood.

    Tangos filled the room with brimstone.


    Imagine that you have an abstract

    and turn it into a dance.

    Why do we need all four steps?

    Can't we get from here to there

    with a leap?


    Is it more important to evolve the dance quickly,

    and perhaps throw together an odd pair --

    endangering her toes, his hopes?


    The memory might have been left exactly the way it was.

    But they spoke of it --

    ...No it was...

    ...Don't you mean..

    when they should have trusted their feet.

    1 2 3 step

    1 2 3 step

    and improvised outside the box.

    Labels: , , , , ,

    7 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    I wanted to ask you about your Seattle trip...
    Am I mistaken, or is it a midweek jaunt?

    8:54 PM, March 16, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    May 7-9. I arrive Monday evening, and leave Wed. evening.

    9:11 PM, March 16, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Your categories are a hoot.

    "endangering her toes, his hopes"

    Nice.

    3:34 AM, March 17, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    This is lovely and I'm amazed that we both tangoed and brimstoned. Wavelengths, Nancy, we're there.

    7:15 AM, March 17, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    I like the reference to violating the integrity of the memory by referring to it.....so true.

    10:27 AM, March 17, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, Meno!

    do do do-do, do do do-do (Supposed to be the Twilight Zone theme song, but I can't sing, Maggie...)

    Thanks, Patches. I kind like that one myself.

    8:55 PM, March 17, 2007  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    You and Maggie have a thang goin' on...!

    I love the broken sentences..."No it was..." A lot like my thoughts and my actual speech....

    5:08 AM, March 19, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home