Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, March 30, 2007

    Mona's (actually Maggie's) Friday Word Challenge -- MELT

    Esereth, I'll get to your meme after this.

    A Quick Look Outside the Window

    Drip drip drip, the snow melts; it falls liquid from the eaves to the concrete, a puddle spreads, confusing a spider who's stumbling along the best it can in the cold.

    Yesterday was spring, was warm, was a mirage. That's what the spider thinks, but the spider can't look up into the trees with their tiny green leaves.

    Green or white, spring or winter, depending on where you look. A day like a baby with its mother's eyes and father's hair.

    Labels: , , ,

    6 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    I've always been tangled up between sympathy for and envy of the plight of the little ones, the ones that can't understand. What misery, and what freedom.

    1:11 PM, March 30, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    That describes spring to a "T". A delicate season hanging in the balance between two overbearing parents.

    2:05 PM, March 30, 2007  
    Blogger Mona Buonanotte wrote in a love letter...

    Sometimes I think I'm that spider....

    Love the mother/father line!

    3:06 PM, March 30, 2007  
    Blogger Lucia wrote in a love letter...

    Next time it comes, it damn well better not be a mirage!

    5:06 PM, March 30, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Heh. That's me. A little one who doesn't understand...

    You got it, Patches. And winter is quite overbearing these days...

    Me too, Mona. And I felt really sorry for him.

    It BETTER not, Lucia. These seasons befuddle me already.

    5:23 PM, March 30, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Don't you just love the sound of it dripping? Or when a large chunk slides and falls. I also love the last line - the baby. Lovely description.

    6:59 PM, March 30, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home