Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, March 30, 2007

    Memesereth

    So I like making up words. Sue me.

    A meme, from Esereth.

    The last conversation I had with my mother
    M: ...so I was so thankful that the electricity was back on when we got back to her house, because I just wanted to go home and I didn't want to take her with me. (laughs)

    ND: Yeeees.

    M: The doctor said he'd never seen anyone heal so fast.

    ND: (annoyed) Oh, God. Um, I mean...

    M: I know. I know! (nervous laugh)


    Followed by further discussions on the hows, whens and how-longs of our next visit out there. *shudder* She wants to see the boyos. She misses them. That's fine. That's good. But my visits back there are draining. Ask Popeye. He met a haunted, broken shell of a woman, after only two-weeks' stay. Ugh.



    The last conversation I had with my father
    D: Did you get the Panko breadcrumbs I sent you?

    ND: Yes, I did. Thank you.

    D: They don't burn like Italian breadcrumbs.

    ND: Nope. They're great.

    D: We're going to see an Agatha Christie play tonight.

    ND: That sounds like fun.

    D: I don't know which one it is...


    Etc.



    Do you regret the person or manner in which you lost your virginity?
    Nope. I'm still married to him. I just wished I'd been more relaxed. And sooner. I wish it'd happened sooner. Much sooner, like before marriage. I think O would agree...

    The thing your parents never found out about.
    Never found out about, or diligently plug their ears and la-la-la-la about? I have lists.

    But they never found out about the Latin Kings. Or getting lost in Cabrini Green.

    How much do you spend a month on groceries.
    Enough to save a small African country from starvation.

    The last lie you told.
    To my children, of course! I told them the grocery store was all out of root beer. Boring, huh?

    How often are your comments on other blogs made out of obligation?
    Not often. And never to the folks on my sidebar.

    Labels: , , , , ,

    14 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    I like the la la las, and the root beer lie. I told one similar of late - I told my son I couldn't find the donuts he likes...

    7:02 PM, March 30, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    You didn't have sex until you were married? My mind boggles.

    10:17 PM, March 30, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    I've been reading this meme on different sites for the past few days, and I am astounded that I can't give honest answers to three of those questions, because I can't remember. Damn Skippy!

    I guess I'm a little intrigued like meno. Hope you want think me too rude Nancy, but I'm curious, how old were you when you married?

    7:37 AM, March 31, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    You didn't test the car before you bought it? What if it had a squeak?

    Panko translates in Japanese to bread-baby...

    (Obligatory factoid and obligatory pithy quip accomplished...)

    7:23 PM, March 31, 2007  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    rabbit rabbit.

    1:07 AM, April 01, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    We lie to them because we love them, Maggie. ;-) Well, ok, it's because the little beggers get wired so easily.

    Meno and Patches, Um. Not an easy answer. One part steeped in Catholic guilt, one part humiliated by the one guy in HS I asked to do the deed, and a bad experience in college. Shake well and it makes one nervous Dancehall. I was 22 when I got married. I met O at 19.

    *shrug* He loved the car untested. Bread-baby? Hee! Now I'm going to feel like a gingerbread witch everytime I cook with them.

    DAMMIT JO! Dammit dammit dammt! And O just got me. I lose!

    9:52 AM, April 01, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    I wouldn't dream of ragging you about such a deeply personal decision (the 49 year-old virgin in cat years, 7 is human). I've been surprised recently by the women who were well in their twenties when they made that choice. The Missus presumed she was one of the last at 25.

    11:31 AM, April 01, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Your grandmonster healed quickly eh? I am not surprised. She has evil powers that allow her body to heal so she can spread the misery.

    The last lie I told had to do with your visit! I told the director of the center I am going to work for that we are going to Disneyland for 10 days in May. We are going for a weekend after your visit. I just wanted the extra time off to hang with you so I don't have to work!! :)

    1:27 PM, April 01, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Oh, I know you wouldn't, Patches. I'm kind of surprised at all the 20-somethings myself. That might make an interesting pot-luck topic.

    Exactly, Schmoop! You know, my mom actually took me around the house the last time I was out there and showed where she keeps everything of value, because she half-thinks the Grandmonster will outlive her and my father, and she wants tomake sure I get everything. It's f'ed up. Woo-Hoo! New job for you!

    4:38 PM, April 01, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy Pants- The dude in high school was clearly gay. No other explanation makes sense. And I expect O (like most of his chromosomes) would've been happy to help you lose your "flower" (gawd, what a ricockulous term) the afternoon or evening he met you. Most guys are helpful and giving that way...

    8:24 PM, April 01, 2007  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    Thank you, Nancy Dear. Thanks.

    10:20 PM, April 01, 2007  
    Anonymous d-man wrote in a love letter...

    Very interesting. I like reading memes. I just hate doing them myself...

    3:59 AM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    lol...No, Stucco, all reports say the guy was NOT gay. Oh well. I got over it quite a while ago. :-) But thanks for the vote of confidence *hug*

    Thank YOU Es. :-) I've got a meme brewing. Consider yourself tagged.

    Aww, D-Man! I've got one I want you to do. You'll like it.

    2:27 PM, April 02, 2007  
    Blogger Mother of Invention wrote in a love letter...

    You have such an interesting blog! (I love Joni, Krauss (especially, "Baby, Now That I Found You..")and Watership Down too.

    I was also 21 when I first did the deed, which is a little late by all my friends' experiences, but then I never really went out that much until then. Didn't marry that guy, but one right after him.

    5:49 AM, April 08, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home