Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, March 17, 2007

    Anniversary

    Seventeen years ago today, I stepped out of a car onto Colorado soil for the first time, running from one thing and chasing another.

    I went to a party and met a guy draped in an Irish flag and in dire need of aspirin.

    The rest is history.

    Labels: , , , , , ,

    10 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Wow, you met listening to the Pogues!

    And it's been nothing but Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash ever since, huh?

    Happy Anniversary!

    8:21 PM, March 17, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    That was quite funny, rudi.

    Wasn't it a puke-drenched Irish flag? Or has my devious imagination added that detail?

    Happy Anniversary!

    8:29 PM, March 17, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Pants- You "chased" a good one! I wish I could crack open a Guiness with O. today. Cheers!

    8:52 PM, March 17, 2007  
    Anonymous O wrote in a love letter...

    Yeah, I had heaved on meself, the flag and out the top level of a double decker bus. Supposedly, that one landed (splattered?) into the open window of a car below. And into someone's purse in the aforementioned unfortunate car (supposedly I didn't see where it landed).
    Friend R did me one better, by puking all over the place, including one good shot down the spiral staircase of the bus.
    When R's Dad apologized to the trip organizer for bringing us along (we were both underaged), he said that we weren't as big a problem as the group of guys who took a collective piss at the back of the bus.

    Prince Charming, no?
    No.

    She kept me anyway. (I had changed my clothes. It had to help some).
    R was best man at our wedding.

    Happy anniversary to you, too, babe.
    Love -O-

    PS - any Pogues geeks out there who remember what they played on SNL that night?

    9:14 PM, March 17, 2007  
    Blogger Da Duck wrote in a love letter...

    aaaaaaaaaah Happy Anniversary!

    3:27 AM, March 18, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    Seems St. Paddy's is a popular occasion.....Missus Chica's sister met her future spouse then, only she was the one in need of aspirin.

    Congrats on your good fortune Nancy! I toast you....though maybe a day late and a dollar short, and wee bit early to drink even if you are Irish..

    9:33 AM, March 18, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Oh my god, he sounds SO HOT! :)

    Happy anniversary.

    1:27 PM, March 18, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Rudi, honestly. *Rolling eyes* It's been MOJITOS, Sodomy and the Lash.

    No, Clowncar, your memory is as sharp as a tack. Maybe it wasn't drenched, but it was certainly violated.

    Sláinte, Schmoopie! Saol fada chugat!

    O, _I_ don't even remember what the Pogues played that night. :-)

    Thanks, Duck! Happy volcano-climbing!

    Yeah, um, it WASN'T love at first sight, Meno. It took time. About seven days. :-)

    2:46 PM, March 18, 2007  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    Happy A day! Sounds like a fun story for the grandkids!

    9:13 PM, March 18, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Heh. We have a few stories, Cheesy! ;-)

    11:01 PM, March 20, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home