Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, February 08, 2007

    Dance Hall Days -- BIRTHdays, That is!


    Ok, no more sackcloth and ashes.

    It's party time.

    I happen to know a few of you out there are Aquarians (not unlike myself) and I've decided to throw you a party. It was quite fun last time, a few of you got to know each other, as happens at all good parties, and a good time was had by all.

    So. First let me introduce you to the guests of honor standing in the receiving line. Yeah, all those people over there wearing the tiaras (except me as you can see; I lost mine in the chaos). And PLEASE, if you have an Aquarian birthday and I've missed you let me know so I can get you your tiara. The tiaras are Amusing's idea, she just doesn't know it yet. And guys, you get one too. Yes, Stucco, you have to wear it.


    Des Moines Girl -- Go congratulate her on her pregnancy as well as her birthday! Oh, and she's a real clown.

    Amusing – A fine lady, somewhere near on East Coast.

    Stucco – A fine unrepentant Fenian bastard (it says so on his shirt) somewhere in Seattle.

    Scott from Oregon (bet you can't guess where he's at) – he's got some GREAT stories to tell.

    And then there's me. If I haven't met you, please introduce yourself (don't be shy now) and I'll pour you a drink. I make a killer mojito. just so's you know. If wine is more you speed, sommelier Dantares will be happy to make suggestions.


    The theme of the party is Mardi Gras, and who better to introduce you to the wonders of King Cake *drool* than Mr. Irrelephant, down in Louisiana. Go on over and get a slice of cake and some beads. He's got 'em!


    Music is provided by the fabulous and talented Mr. Bud Buckley, who is working on his next album. Everybody go take a listen and say hi. He takes requests, but please, no songs about saltshakers. He gets that all the time.


    Now, let's get the rest of you mingling. *rubbing hands together* Many of you know each other already, but we have some new faces:


    Maggie, meet Cheesy; she's a member of the Mom of Twins Club AND a fine poet like yourself (and her twins happen to have an Aquarian B-day). Cheesy, meet Lisa for all the same reasons. Not to mention that the three of you are drop-dead sexy. Actually, that goes for everyone here.


    Lucia, meet Jo, ( you too, Scott ) and Jo go say hi to Dantares and Maggie too; she's a new quilter! Duckie, go say hi to Lucia. You too, Mr. Tiercel.


    Meno, meet Schmoopie, wife of the Unrepentant Fenian Bastard in the tiara. Schmoop recently moved to your neck of the Pacific Northwest and is madly in love with the place. Schmoop, go say hi to Me, sarcastic and funny as hell. and Popeye. (Popeye, geez, I think you know most folks, so I'll let you mingle at will.) If you guys haven't met Esereth, you're in for a treat. She's a new mom and a brilliant writer.


    Patches, meet Stucco and D-Man. D-Man, you've got to meet Scott, and vice-versa.


    Clowncar, and Rudi, my two blogless folk, go and check out any and all of these good people.


    Everybody, meet everybody! Go say hi, and tell 'em I sent ya.

    Labels: , , , ,

    42 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy you're a riot. And happy aquarian birthday.

    11:54 AM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Just poked in. But gotta run...

    (Ever run in a tiara?)

    Back later with beer...

    12:12 PM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    I've brought balloons, and cupcakes (it's the Magnolia Bakery recipe). Oh, and the case of Veuve Clicquot is being delivered later.

    Thanks for the party, Nancy. I'll be celebrating the actual day at a six year old's party in a room filled with inflatable bouncy toys and the noisy generators that fill them... This is much more fun. (Hmm. Maybe I'll wear my tiara to that party....)

    12:32 PM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger patches wrote in a love letter...

    Nice party, Nancy. Reminds me of a progressive dinner. I'll bring themargarits. Is that mojito recipe classified?

    4:22 PM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    I'm wearing the tiara, but not on my head. It's chafing badly, but this is the price paid to be fasionable. And no, it's not tooth decay- it's mint from Pant's Mojito I'm enjoying that got stuck in my teeth.

    6:00 PM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    I'm wearing my Tiara and I've made a beer run...

    Now what?http://aeleope.blogspot.com/

    7:08 PM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    http://bernitaharris.blogspot.com/

    Someone you should meet, Nancy...

    8:02 PM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    LOL Nancy!! I needed that giggle!
    Howdy all!
    I'll have to get pictures of my kids in their tiaras for you lol.. Son should LOVE that.. daughter .. well she's ALWAYS been a princess lol.. I've got the box~o~wine.. let the mayhem commence!

    8:07 PM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Woohoohoo! Thanks for stopping by, guys!

    Maggie, I see you've already introduced yourself, Scott, you look great, Stucco you look...um... ...interesing... Amusing, thanks for the balloons. I hope you're still sane after the kids' party. Have a drink. Patches, set the Margaritas over there at the bar and I'll get you the Mojito recipe, Cheesy, I can't wait to see the kids in their tiaras (should be an interesting story, too *s*). Everybody grab some cake, listen to the music, and mingle!

    10:31 PM, February 08, 2007  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY PANTS!

    Thanks for the party!

    (Just popped in, too...working this weekend...)
    /jo

    4:54 AM, February 09, 2007  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Many happy returns, birthday girl Nancypants!

    9:49 AM, February 09, 2007  
    Blogger Lisa wrote in a love letter...

    Happy birthday (whenever that may be....)!!

    And thanks for throwing such a great party! I'm officially a hermit lately, but this may boost me out of my hiding place a little...

    11:36 AM, February 09, 2007  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Happy birthday!

    Are only bloggers invited to your party? Is this your cruel strategy to get me to start a blog?

    The horror, the horror....

    And speaking of pretentious literary references, I'll likely have a new job come this September. Can you guess? The hint is, it starts in September.

    12:18 PM, February 09, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, Jo! Sorry I missed your call this morning.

    Thanks Ir! And thanks for the lovely cake and beads. *hug*

    It's today, Lisa, thanks! And I'll do anything to get YOU out of hibernation, dear. *s*

    Thanks, Clowncar! *hug* No, my cruel strategy to get you to start a blog is to taunt you with squirrels and shopping carts. *s* Anyway, I fixed my odious error, my terrible social faux pas. September...September...yarg. I'm stumped.

    12:43 PM, February 09, 2007  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    I love your parties. The last time, I ended up going home with someone.

    3:35 PM, February 09, 2007  
    Blogger Mr. Don wrote in a love letter...

    Um, I know I'm late, but is there any cake left over... with ice cream?

    Happy Birthday, Nancy. May you blog for many years to come.

    3:35 PM, February 09, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Oh, Mr. Don, Nancy's parties go on for ages and ages. We all got quite wild last time, and then a few of us stuck around to clean up after everyone had gone home (well, and we drank what was left of the liquor). What will you have? There's the famous mojitos. Beer, a box of wine, champagne, I think I saw some margaritas... Did I leave anything out, folks? Whose glass needs a refill?

    5:58 PM, February 09, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    See, Popeye? That's why I throw these parties. I'm just here to make everyone happy. :-)

    Thanks, Mr. Don. Of course there's cake! And plenty of alcohol. Here, have a mojito. Go over and talk to Meno and Jo.

    Amusing, darling, my right hand woman! I remember you had quite a time at the last shindig. Here, hol still, your tiara is slipping...

    9:14 PM, February 09, 2007  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Great party! I'll be mingling here soon.

    Hope you had an awesome birthday!

    7:57 AM, February 10, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Hey Pants (and fellow guests!) Happy Birthday to all the wonderful aquarians. You are an awesome lot. Amusing-I'd love a "Pants' famous mojito!" Stucco, behave! His tiara is slipping terribly.

    Pants, may your year be one full of peace (so you are able to write- I have selfish motivations ;) , full of light-hearted fun, and may your garden flourish in the spring rain. (Here's hoping the rain will come your way!) Love ya!

    12:21 PM, February 10, 2007  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Ohhhh. that was fun. My head is aching. Is there any more champagne and clam dip? Why is this lampshade on my head?

    4:33 PM, February 10, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    That's not a lampshade; that's a tiara! Stucco's got the lampshade. Again.

    5:34 PM, February 10, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    DMG! Here's a Virgin Mojito for you. No heartburn, I promise. Your tiara looks great!

    Speaking of, I still can't find mine! Anybody?

    Schmoop! Control your husband *snort* Yeah, right. My dear, that was a beautiful toast. Thank you so much. *hug* Cheers!

    I've still got plenty of champagne, Meno. Drink up, nothing cures a hangover faster. Tomorrow morning I'll splash a little OJ in it. And make no mistake, you'll still be here. Yup, judging by the headgear, I'm not letting you drive.

    Stucco! Amusing, help me with him. Geeze! Has anybody seen O? Anybody need more booze? There's my tia...oh, that's not a tiara...

    5:51 PM, February 10, 2007  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Was that O., streaking through the living room with your tiara on his head and a Guiness in his hand? Pants, our men are out of control! Amusing, I think you need to cut them off from the drinks now :)

    9:34 PM, February 10, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    I thought you only got virgin mojitos in Tiajuana...

    WHAT IS STUCCO DOING WITH HIS TIARA?

    Why is he rotating?

    Happy Aquarian Birthday, Nancy Pants. Go easy on the grape juice...

    11:08 PM, February 10, 2007  
    Blogger Vulgar Wizard wrote in a love letter...

    Happy Slightly Belated Birthday wishes to you, Nancy-Nancy-bo-Bancy!!!

    9:14 AM, February 11, 2007  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    I've always been slightly aggrieved that when I wear a tiara, someone always tells me to take it off. And usually to give it back to it's rightful owner.
    Ah well. Great party.
    Dantares.

    4:15 PM, February 11, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    You know, I was being shy and quiet in the corner, as usual when I attend these things, and then Amusing started handing out those drinks and well, I'm starting to tingle all over and I can't stop my feet from grooving. Is the room spinning? I love it when it spins like that. Maybe that's just me twirling around. Oh and now, I'm talking too fast with everybody. Are my cheeks flushed?

    6:56 PM, February 11, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Maggie, let me help you up here on the table. Have you ever danced on a table before? Wahoo!

    7:10 PM, February 11, 2007  
    Anonymous d-man wrote in a love letter...

    I forgot to comment!

    Cool party.

    Happy day.

    1:46 AM, February 12, 2007  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Birthday? I thought I had them all written down someplae. Happy Birthday, my dear friend.Thanks for the plug. The new one is going slowly but it is going.

    5:46 AM, February 12, 2007  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks Amusing, whoops almost fell off. Wooo hooooo! Did someone say jello shots? This is the most fun I've had in a long time - sad isn't it?

    9:07 AM, February 12, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Out of control. Absolutely. Scoot, just afert your eyes. It's for th best, Dantares, feel free to wear a tiara as long as you'd like, just keep the wine flowing, dear Baccus. VW, good to see you! Come in, come in. It's never too late. Work it, Maggie, work it! D-Man! I can't believe you've been this quiet. Here, have a beer. Not as good as yours, but... Hey, Bud! Glad you could poke your head out of the studio and stop by! Oh, and I've got some linens for you to wash when this is over... *wink*

    10:23 AM, February 12, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    Hi Nancy,

    Sorry I'm late. Happy Birthday dear.
    Here ya go:

    http://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/hippobirdiecards.html

    An oldie but a goody ... I mean the card not you! You don't look a day older than the blushing Bride I remember you as when O made an honest woman of you (well, except for the "Frangos Incident" (tm), but we're all on your side in that one.)

    Pardon me while I head to the bar and try to catch up.

    2:59 PM, February 12, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Hey -- we aren't the only ones with tiaras!

    CHedck this out: http://modernartobsession.blogs.com/

    7:49 PM, February 12, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Rudi! Heya! C'mn in! *whisper* I'm not sluurring m words, right? Y'd tell me right? Go on over to the bar n do a few shots wi Clowncar, the other bloggless guy. I think he's Drinkn Knob Creek. That'll get ya caught up. Hey! Clowncar! *snort* You got room ta drive everyone home?

    Hey! They DO have tiaras. And fancy pants NYC Art. But they don't have Nancy Pants art! Ha! ok...gotta sit down now...

    9:21 PM, February 12, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Scoot?

    9:51 PM, February 12, 2007  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    ...and a nickname is born.

    Scoot it is.

    8:14 AM, February 13, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yes! She of a thousand nicknames bestow one herself. Indeed, Scoot it is.

    8:53 AM, February 13, 2007  
    Anonymous Rudi wrote in a love letter...

    So now it will be "Scoot from Oregon" to which in reply people might ask "what's so wrong with Oregon that you are admonishing people to leave?".

    11:29 AM, February 13, 2007  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Tiara, Tiara. There's Always Tiara...

    It's only a day away...

    Scoot-

    1:52 PM, February 13, 2007  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Ah, but the Oregonians are happy about that.

    Aww...and culey red wig sets off your eyes, Scoot!

    3:44 PM, February 13, 2007  

    Post a Comment

    << Home