Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, December 16, 2006

    Tell Me Something Happy

    It's as simple as that.

    Get to it.

    18 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Pansies. Pansies are happy. Why? Because they're the only flowers that can look back at you when you're looking at them.

    4:00 PM, December 16, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    I saw five parakeets feeding off a birdfeeder this morning. It made me think that perhaps we havn't wrecked the planet completely, after all.
    Dantares.

    4:17 PM, December 16, 2006  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Stucco comes home tonight. A family complete once more. I can't think of anything that could make me happier :)

    8:26 PM, December 16, 2006  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Okay, some images conjured by your last post about the miraculous strand of pearls within your ultrasound (a pretty wonderful image in itself): Christmas lights. The thin trails left by the skates of lovers skating. The braids in my daughter's hair. Thin paired stands of dancing DNA. The filaments of newborn stars.

    8:53 PM, December 16, 2006  
    Blogger nevins manafe wrote in a love letter...

    thank you for living out comment on my blog! and i am happy to be your friend!

    12:38 AM, December 17, 2006  
    Blogger daffa wrote in a love letter...

    hmmm i wasn't expecting this when i tuned into you blog... ok, something happy.... i'm going to give you two things. 1. the kookaburras that live at my place. they are happy. they laugh constantly. in fact, i'm sure it's not just the kooka's at my place... i'm sure they are laughing all over australia. 2. m (my "fiance") will be here in 2 sleeps. i'm so frikkin excited (and also a little blown away that my surname will change in a week and a half... hmmm) but, i'm glad he will finally get to hear the kookaburras laugh.

    now, the reason for my post... i was intrigued to hear from you on my blog... i don't know how you found me, but i'm glad you did. my husband (to be) is from colorado, and we were originally planning to get married there... in the mountains... surrounded by everything that has ever made him happy. i'm pleased to say that one day (yes, "one day"), we will live there... but i can't begin to imagine how different it will be. i am truly thrilled to be having an ozzie christmas this year... but i look forwad to steam rising from my coffee on a chilly december morning, a frozen pond, and snow on the pines... a white christmas with my rocky mountain man... is that way too a romantic notion??? hahaha... perhaps i simply have no idea???

    4:00 AM, December 17, 2006  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    Baby boy said, "What r you doin?" this morning. A sentence! That's happy stuff.

    9:57 AM, December 17, 2006  
    Blogger Lucia wrote in a love letter...

    Waddling penguins. Guaranteed to bring a smile.

    12:09 PM, December 17, 2006  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    As Gary Busey's character said in the movie "D.C. Cab" (I may have been the only one that saw it):

    "What are women so upset about? They've got half the money and all the pussy!"

    Something else happy? Having imparted that quote to you, you now have no reason to watch "D.C. Cab".

    You and O ready for a visit up here yet? :}

    2:31 PM, December 17, 2006  
    Blogger Scott from Oregon wrote in a love letter...

    Well, our creek has risen behind the house and the Ranger Ricksters were here trying to discover if Salmon are going to come up it or not this year. The idea of catching a Salmon screwing in my back yard just overwhelms me with giddiness.

    Oh, and getting a really easy word verification makes me so effing happy I could just comment on it!

    4:54 PM, December 17, 2006  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Oh! And having a chai latte with a very good friend ;)

    11:16 PM, December 17, 2006  
    Anonymous d-man wrote in a love letter...

    My daughter thinks I'm Kanye West.

    2:30 AM, December 18, 2006  
    Blogger JustCallMeJo wrote in a love letter...

    Harry Connick singing Happy Ho Ho Ho to you!

    1:41 PM, December 18, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Here's another funny quip from darling daughter. After suffering through one of her massive mood swings while driving home (happy to tears), I said to her...

    "You were happy a minute ago. Why are you crying? Why are you being bi-polar girl today?"

    To which she replied...

    "Bi-Polar Express?"

    I had to laugh at that. :-)

    2:54 PM, December 18, 2006  
    Blogger Cheesy wrote in a love letter...

    Just finished the last Christmas gift!!! I feel accomplished!

    12:26 AM, December 19, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Ga! I can't post! I don't know if I'll be able to comment. But if I can't, then my happy thing today is the blizzard raging outside, and all the good warm happy things in my house.

    I love pansies, Ir. Love 'em. :-)

    Parakeets, Dantares? Wow!

    I bet you were even happier a few hours later, Schmoop. ;-)

    As usual, you leave me breathless, Clowncar. :-)

    Thanks for the banner, Nevins! :-)


    Kookaburas! Just the word makes me happy, Daffa! Welcome. I hope your fiance made it out of Colorado and to Australia!

    Yay, Maggie! I love that stage!

    Lucia, Most of your LIFE wold make me happy. :-)

    Too late, Stucco. I was forced to watch that movie on a DATE. Ugh.

    Hppiness is salmon screwing in the backyard, Scott. :-)

    Thar's because you ARE Kanye West, D-Man.

    Great song, Jo!

    Bwhahahahahaha!!! DMG, your daughter has a future in stand-up. I've been riding the bi-polar express all week.


    Woot! Cheesy! Nothing like accomplishing that!

    1:14 PM, December 20, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    My love was here for beyond a week and I still can't get enough of him. swoon. sigh.

    7:21 PM, December 20, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    ...And that makes me the happiest of all. :-)

    8:47 PM, December 20, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home