Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, December 06, 2006

    It is unfair that the sky is so blue in wintertime

    I don't know why. It just is.


    Ok, inventory:


    7 computers
    146 cookbooks
    1 stale snickerdoodle (eaten)
    369 finished pages
    70-odd unfinished pages
    1 Dr's appointment tomorrow
    4 hours of sleep last night
    3 words from a Tom Waits song stuck in my head (dig dig dig)
    1 giggle


    Blend well and pour into a coffee mug. Sprinkle with cocoa and cayenne. Drink while hot.

    13 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    Serendipty. There's that word again. I happened upon a small thing at the Market the other day that is now on its way in the mail to you. ;)

    11:26 AM, December 06, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Awww....

    Synchronicity.

    Off to write you a loooong email.

    12:23 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Blogger Maggie wrote in a love letter...

    7 computers? wow. 146 cookbooks? double wow! but the giggle is the best part.

    damn i hear a kid, i think i missed my opportunity for a short nap. Inventory: 3 tears and another cup of coffee!

    12:28 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    Oooh. cocoa. Everything's better with cocoa sprinkled on it. Great idea!

    12:35 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    4 hours sleep? You lucky, lucky girl. May I borrow an hour or two please?
    Dantares.

    4:47 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    You did an inventory that failed to include the automated spanking appliances? Sloppy, that's what.

    5:13 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Dantares and I both have you beat. Me -- two hours, and then back at the computer to finish the slide presentation and then run to the boys' school to beg them to make copies for me (they DID, and they didn't even charge me! Private school tuition at work!) and then run downtown and park as fast as I can, but the presentations run late and I run back and --- sigh -- $25 ticket.

    Hey! I have Lady...er...Lady McLean's two cookbooks here. Want them? They amuse me, but I never cook so what's the point? "Towards the end of the 18th c. my husband's g-g-grandmother, Lady Margaret McLean of Ardgour, started keeping in a neat copperplate hand a large quarto book in which she recorded her favourite recipes and the names of friends who had given them to her." The book is the same, with stationery from fancy country houses and diplomatic postings all over the world. I think Lady M. gave them to my mother when we lived in Dunoon. They need a good home.

    7:55 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Aww, Maggie, so you didn't get a nap? I weep with you, dear.

    Amen, Princess!

    Nope, Dantares, with the hour comes a pair of toddlers. I don't think you want that. ;-)

    Damn, I knew I was forgetting something:

    8 automated spanking appliances

    There. Now go corrupt some youth, Stucco. ;-)

    7:57 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Amusing, you snuck in there while I was commenting.

    $25? Awww... Ok, you win. But my tired still beats a childless-student's tired. Dantares has NO idea. ;-)

    Oh, wow, quarto cookbook. Really? That's so cool. Can you tell if she was a good cook? Email me. :-)

    8:04 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    I spent a long time teaching my father's godson existentialist philosophy on the precise grounds that I felt I had to counteract my father's balefull influence. However, as my father is great on the "taking godson out and showing him round places that Dad likes such as football grounds and castles" stakes and less good on the old religious instruction bits, I think the net gain of the boy was actually towards the atheistic philosophy.
    Why I am spouting on about this is a mystery known only to me and the bottom of a coffee cup. But it's ok. Dawn isn't showing her full corona yet. And the lectures not till nine. I can hear Dad snoring now.
    It's excruciating in more ways than I can think of.
    Dantares.

    10:26 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    A new cordless keyboard, three empty beer cans, 50,000 words that need recifying according to tense and sensibility, and a new 1200 dollar massage chair I may never get out of once I get it turned on...

    More unfair is the guy who froze to death not far from here because he was clueless.

    11:06 PM, December 06, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    You're at least sounding like a writer. My inventory is dominated by remodeling debris. When will this ever be over?

    6:38 AM, December 07, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Go to bed, Dantares. :-)

    I read about that guy, Scott. Tragic. Just a half-mile from his car, too.

    (Massage chair? I'm moving in tomorrow...)

    The end is near, Bud. Besides, you LOOK like a singer/songwriter. I'm wearing kitty jammies. Where's my all-black wardrobe? Where's my bottle of rot-gut gin? I don't need an agent, I need Prada!

    9:48 AM, December 07, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home