Same view, today. That's a four and a half foot snowdrift in the front.
Everything is closed. The snow is still falling. The wind has stopped, which makes driving safer, (for any fool who'd attempt it) but the still falling snow endangers trees, wires and houses. I think we'll be ok though. Not like '03 when the beam cracked in the old house and a line of ceiling plaster crumbled and fell.
Squirrels, O said, Squirrels, as I pulled him from the office, which I was sure was gong to cave in. But didn't.
Here's a cool one. This snow overhang is about two feet wide (that's about, um, about 8 kilometers for the metric folk).
This morning I made cinnamon ginger blueberry pancakes. And Jack scared the hell out of us by falling off a stool. Poor kid's asleep in my lap, his chin swollen.
I've declared today Easter.
Yup. Snowed in, in Colorado. Best time to work on a novel. Where was I? Ah yes,
“All work and no play makes Dancehall a Nancy boy.” “All work and no play makes Dancehall a Nancy boy.” “All work and no play makes Dancehall a Nancy boy.”
Oh, and this made me laugh.
Addendum: A Mememememe!!! From Irrelephant
1. Three things that scare me:
- Suffocation (of any sort)
- Zombies (Of the brain-eating or fanatical variety)
2. Three people who make me laugh:
- Rowan Atkinson
- Emo Phillips
3. Three things I love:
- My people
- Quantum Mechanics
4. Three things I hate:
- Mustard and onions
- Being made to feel incompetent
- Drama Queens
5. Three things I don't understand:
6. Three things on my desk (Desk? What's a desk?)
- A Hula Dancer
- A box of pecans, coffee and cotton
- A Poppet
7. Three things I'm doing right now:
- Building up the fire
- Marveling at how relaxing and emotionally healing a blizzard can be
- Watching the sky turn blue in time for the sunset
8. Three things I want to do before I die:
- Publish a book
- Come to terms with oblivion, preferably to stop believing in it.
- teach my granddaughter how to quilt
9. Three things I can do:
- See music
- Refute Aristotle's argument against the void
- anything perfectly, once (beginner's luck)
10. Three things I can't do:
- Reach stuff in my kitchen without climbing on the counters
- play the violin
- refute a temporal vacuum
11. Three things you should listen to:
- the ones you love
- live music
12. Three things you should never listen to:
- stupid people, unless you want to laugh, or you're taking notes
- your television
13. Three things I'd like to learn:
- The Universe
14. Three favorite foods:
- dark chocolate anything
- Good Italian anything
- Homemade soup and bread
15. Three beverages I drink regularly:
16. Three shows I watched as a kid
- The Addams Family
- The Adventures of Electro Woman and DynaGirl
- Anything done by Rankin-Bass