Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, November 24, 2006

    When Black Friday Comes



    Marvin Hill -- Kitchen


    Black Friday.
    Most of the dishes are clean,what food wasn't distributed has been put away, and you will NOT get me near a shopping mall.

    Thanksgiving was the BEST. No family, no fights. No weird vibes. No martyrs. Just friends and bliss. And food buzzes all around.

    But, it was also the end of an era. Schmoop and Stucco have hied north, for good. I'm still letting it sink in.

    No, I'm not letting it sink in. I'm fighting it, like Declan fights sleep. Like Jack fights waking.

    I have a lot of acquaintances, a few friends, but not a lot of friends who know me. There is a difference. S & S are in the tight circle of those who know me (there are a few of you out there, and you know who you are). God knows why they want to be there, but they are, and I say thank you.


    Schmoop's one of my Messy Kitchen Friends. If you don't know what that means, I can't explain it to you, not without crying.


    I guess I could look at it this way. I'm losing friends who are close and close by, but I'm gaining a vacation spot.


    Hmm. Nope. Still feels hollow.

    14 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    I would think it would suck, losing those two. Like losing your favorite sit-com to another spin-off of Law And Order...

    At least you can email them and vice versa

    7:20 PM, November 24, 2006  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    One of my favorite people in the whole world moved away from here several years ago. i am still sad about not interacting with her on a daily basis.
    I understand. :(

    8:05 PM, November 24, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Coincidentally, I just wrote a song about old friends. Old friends who were 11 years old when we were at our best. Let your loss enter your process and write it girl.

    5:19 AM, November 25, 2006  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    I just want to announce, change sucks. Really. Forced change. I hate it. No matter how healthy or forward moving. It steals our friends and upsets our comfies. Hate it.

    12:25 PM, November 25, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Scott, It's like losing The Addams Family to American Idol or some other nonsense. And you can't email Thai food.

    It sucks, doesn't it Meno?

    Bud, I probably will. I'm a vampire who occasionally drinks her own blood. (Can't wait to hear the song :-) )

    Yes, and I hate it when my comfies are upset, Es.

    All that said, Im really actually happy for Schmoop and Stucco and family (Hear that, guys? ;-) ). I'm just bellyaching.

    8:11 PM, November 25, 2006  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Your blog brought tears to my eyes (who's kiddin' who? I am a blubbering mess!) Leaving you behind is the worst part about this. As we crossed into Oregon I felt like I had entered Heaven. It is such an enchanting place. We drove through the forest in Washington and I felt like it was so beautiful that it was surreal (if that makes any sense.) I am in awe of this place. If I could bottle the smell in the air, I'd be a millionaire! Come for a visit soon, Pants. Love you!

    11:45 PM, November 25, 2006  
    Blogger Andy wrote in a love letter...

    I agree. It sucks.

    12:25 AM, November 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    That's it. I'm touring the Pacific Northwest. I'm hugging every tree. Drinking rain. Frolicking with the woodland creatures. Dancing on the beach.
    We'll duck when they throw the fish back and forth in the market.

    Amen, Andy. What are you doing on the Blogside? Get to drawing red-headed Tank Commanders! ;-) (Go read Pinch of the Glass, people!)

    9:30 AM, November 26, 2006  
    Blogger Andy wrote in a love letter...

    Pants, so far all I have is the "medical update" log for Mer. Thankfully, I've been able to neglect it for a while! :) While I'm not an artist, and not familiar with many tank commanders, I *am* partial to red-heads, so I'll see what I can do.

    4:17 PM, November 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Well, aint my face red! Wrong Andy!

    *blush*

    Hi Andy. I know YOU. You're not Tank Commander Artist Andy. You're Andy in Colorado.

    How IS Mer? Neglecting the updates? That IS good news!

    4:34 PM, November 26, 2006  
    Blogger KelKel wrote in a love letter...

    I lost Schmoopie to CO years back. I definitely know what you are feeling.
    It sucks.
    You never feel the same.
    A piece of you is missing and you are only whole when she is next to you.
    The feeling of seeing her and just sitting around her kitchen table talking can never be replaced by the phone or e-mails.
    I just know that she is happy with her family and am happy for her.
    It still sucks for me!!!! But, then I am selfish at times (only child).
    Sisters in sorrow,
    Kel Kel

    7:52 PM, November 26, 2006  
    Blogger Andy wrote in a love letter...

    Whew, that's a relief. I was nervous about trying to draw some tank commanders. :) My fault, I didn't give you much to go on!

    Mer is doing great -- just dealing the regular seasonal flu/cold stuff that everybody else has. We're planning a visit to the bookstore soon, once we're over the gamboo and can venture out in public again.

    We are really bummed that we didn't get to see Stucco and Schmoopie off, but we didn't want our goodbye present to be the flu. :( We'll have to plan a trip up there as well!

    6:20 AM, November 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Aw, Kel, you nailed it! *hug*

    Come on, everyone should know how to draw tank commnders! ;-)
    Glad to hear Mer is great. Wait til you see the new store. It is the archetypal Used Book Store. Ask O to show you the secret room behind the bookcase. Mwuhahaha! (no, really, there IS one!)

    9:34 AM, November 27, 2006  
    Blogger jeje wrote in a love letter...

    jordan retro
    michael kors purses
    air max 95
    patriots jerseys
    cheap jordans
    nike roshe run
    yeezy boost 350
    nike huarache sale
    louboutin shoes
    kobe 11

    9:22 PM, March 22, 2017  

    Post a Comment

    << Home