Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, November 04, 2006

    Shockandawe

    Early Saturday morning. The house is quiet.


    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThu
    mpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThu
    mpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa...


    I sit up in bed.


    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA...


    I hear the boyos call each other's names. They sound uncertain. They are making sure the other hasn't been stolen away by the


    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA

    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA...


    that is now rattling the windows. Before I can get up, they run into my bedroom


    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA...


    and jump into bed, shock on their faces. They cower against me, and I put my arms around them, even though I can no more protect them from the sound than I can stop it.


    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA...


    Shouting over the pounding that has robbed them of their dreams, that is shaking the walls of our home down to the foundation,


    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA...


    “Mommy! What IS IT?”


    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA...


    “It's a helicopter, sweetie. That's Air Force One.”


    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA...


    “That's Bush?”


    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA...


    “Yes. That's Bush.”


    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPA
    THUMPATHUMPATHUMPATHUMPAThumpaThumpaThumpa
    Thumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    Th
    umpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa...


    “Mommy? I'm scared of him.”


    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa
    ThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpaThumpa...


    So. What has your President done for YOU lately?

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Yeah, he scares the shit out of me too!

    11:30 AM, November 05, 2006  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    provided a visually stimulating blog with a super punchline.

    12:00 PM, November 05, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Yeah, I'm just as scared of him as the boyos are. Thank our lucky stars that he'll be gone soon.

    1:02 PM, November 05, 2006  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Great stuff! And I'm scared of him too. Smart boy.

    6:15 PM, November 05, 2006  
    Blogger Lucky Star wrote in a love letter...

    (hey, irrelephant: you're welcome!) heheheheeeeeeee

    MY president made me late for class a couple of times last month. Ok, so technically, one of the days was Condie's fault, but close enough.

    I now feel closer to you. :)

    6:18 PM, November 05, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    My president helps me daily. He makes be realize how lucky I am to live 5000 miles away from him.

    :)

    2:48 AM, November 06, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Wow. I thought I was the only one. :-)

    11:37 AM, November 06, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    well, yeah, but my 5000 miles involves an ocean and a king. You are still stuck under his reign...

    I feel sorry for ya;)

    12:25 PM, November 06, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home