Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, November 15, 2006

    New Formula

    One half-liter of tequilla and amaretto
    Plus
    One Chicory espresso cappuccino
    Plus
    Hours of childless blah blah blah
    Equals
    One N. Dancehall feeling no pain.

    16 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Okay, then, fuck aspirin!

    4:51 AM, November 15, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Yeah, no doubt. Who needs asprin?

    6:27 AM, November 15, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Tequila and amaretto? Um. Did you empty one and start on the other, cuz that doesn't sound like a match made in heaven to me....

    Are those the ingredients in a...ZOMBIE?

    7:28 AM, November 15, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    Had a shouting match with a barman today. Well I say a shouting match, it was more like
    "I must admit I have heard very definitely that a Gimlet doesn' contain vodka."
    "Of course, I'm sure. Though I have to say I disagree."
    "Yes....I got my recipe from Raymond Chandler."
    "Mph?!? I'm a Dashiell Hammett man, myself. And I still haven't heard of a gimlet as "half a pint of gin, half a pint of lime juice. Stirred."
    "I assure you, thats what we want."
    "Of course. That's going to be around £40 for the gin. Do you have a sufficiency on you?"
    "....Give us two large G&T's, with a slice of lime."
    "Very good sir. I'll leave your "customised" Gimlets for another day then."

    He's a decent stick but he got between a man and his drink for fartoo long.

    1:16 PM, November 15, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Asprin, smashprin (I can't think of anything that rhymes with asprin). And no nasty hangover! I've been friends with tequilla for a long tme, and I've never gotten on her bad side.

    It's NOT Zombie (you meanie ;-)), but a Margharita Italiano. Sounds a bit odd, I'll grant you, but all the Amaretto sinks to the bottom of the liter, so you end with a nice, sweet finish. It works, it does. Follow it up with a a nice, strong Marquis Cappuccino at a Too Trendy for You coffee shop and you get a nice spinnybuzz!

    I too am a Dashiell Hammett man, but I must say I like Mr. Chandler's taste in drinks. A pinch of sugar to smooth it out, and you've got a lovely drink.
    £40 for half a liter of gin? What was it, Bombay Sapphire Extra Special Secret Magic Reserve?

    1:36 PM, November 15, 2006  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Feeling no pain now, wait until later. But tomorrow is another day, Scarlett.

    3:50 PM, November 15, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    No, lol. We would have been buying it by the shot and alcohol is rather more pricey over here than where you are. Wine tends to be cheaper (I don't know - shipping costs?) but everything else seems to be more highly taxed.
    Dantares.

    4:15 PM, November 15, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Nope, no hangover, Rhett. Tequilla has been very very good to me through the years. :-)


    So you're telling me that what you're really paying for is the labor, Dantares. :-)

    7:16 PM, November 15, 2006  
    Blogger D_Man wrote in a love letter...

    (I'll have what she's having!)

    2:21 AM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    My head hurt yesterday [when I read this] and today. I think you have given me a hangover....

    6:35 AM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Is a bartender considered to be part of the service industry? Are there bartenders unions? And what do you call a group of bartenders, a gurgle? A shot of bartenders? A fifth?

    7:12 AM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    A proof of bartenders. I like that one.

    7:12 AM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Mmm...amaretto. So Pants, we can now buy beer and wine at the grocery store. Life is good indeed. I am going to keep Stucco on a steady glass-a-day of red wine for the next several years in hopes it will prevent any heart mishaps in the future. Having it at the grocery store will be more convenient!

    7:49 AM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    That's the spirit(s), D-Man!

    Hope you're feeling better, Amusing. *hug*

    A proof of bartenders -- I like that one. How 'bout a jigger of bartenders?
    (and why are bartenders coming up with alarming frequency in my life?)

    Schmoop: :-P After you guys move and we come to visit, I'm buying a bottle of amaretto at the grocery store because I can!

    7:49 PM, November 16, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    How come you got to feel less pain than me? And I'd had a two-mojito start?

    Oh. That whole That Was Breakfast thing.

    Um. Were we not trendy enough? Should I have worn better clothes? More tattos?
    /jo

    4:13 AM, November 17, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    You felt pain? *snort*

    We were so not trendy. We were so 15 years past trendy.

    5:34 PM, November 17, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home