Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, November 16, 2006

    Jim

    Jim.

    He is completely analytical. The first time I talked to him, he told me he admired someone who could write fiction. He told me he'd never written a story in his life.

    Ever.

    No, not ever ever, he promised me.

    He had no idea whatsoever how the process worked. I felt like I'd asked him if he liked the view and with that question I'd discovered the first blind person.


    Does anyone else know someone like this?

    6 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    No one that would admit it.

    5:52 PM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    No I never met anybody like that. How did he ever get through school without at least being given a fiction assignment?

    6:58 PM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Is he an engineer?

    7:05 PM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    "Jim" was a CFO at a hospital when we had that conversation. He's now the vice president of an HMO with a presence in 16 states. (I guess not witing fiction gets you pretty far in the world.)
    He's a sweet, wonderful guy, but completely alien to me, and I to him. Last time I saw him, he gave me a dollar tip as a joke for 'bartending' at a party. (God, there's that bartender thing again.)

    7:56 PM, November 16, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    I wrote a long comment but the new beta blogger sent me off to sign up again. Frustrating.

    Well, I've known many, and they make the best story listeners.

    They aren't waiting their turn to tell their tale.

    8:05 PM, November 16, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Good point.

    So what was the long comment? It's the lost stuff in life that keeps me awake.

    8:37 PM, November 16, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home