Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, November 11, 2006

    Instead of Saturday Cartoons




    Jack has a new game. He draws an animal on a piece of paper, hands it to me, and I tear the paper in half to set the animal free. We are now housing four dragons -- Ginger, Cinnamon, Coffee, and Lighter (my favorite). The paper must be torn in a special way, or the captive dragon in question will be injured, and must go to the hospital.

    Now Jack is working on drawing pandas. Dragons need to eat, after all. And here I was, assuming they were European when in fact he's been drawing Chinese dragons.

    Anyway, he's given me another great idea for the book, just a little detail.

    6 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    This kid is amazing. Love that setting free notion. I wonder about how the paper must be torn. Trying to decide how I'd want to do that. Fascinated by what he must think of in that regard.

    1:39 PM, November 11, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    I want to come play too.
    The Eldest loves dragons. Can we come over?

    2:06 PM, November 11, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Absolutely! Bring crayons and paper. Your son is quite the artist :-)

    6:34 PM, November 11, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, Bud. He's a pretty cool kid when he's not driving me crazy. I sort of had to tear around the animal, or tear across the top of the paper.

    7:59 PM, November 11, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    (I have a few dragons in me that need to be set free)

    8:30 PM, November 11, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    So get to tearing. :-)

    9:33 AM, November 12, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home