Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, November 21, 2006

    Idea

    So. O and I were talking this morning, jumping from topic to topic, when I stitched a few things together, and came up with an Idea. For a book.

    Yeah, I know. Got one already. Got five already, truth be told. But this is for a work of non-fiction. An experiment really, in the spirit of Nickel and Dimed.

    I told O about it immediately, and we started jotting down notes.
    "There must be rules, too."
    "Right."
    "Do you think we'd get our families to go along with it?"
    "Well, they'd have to, or we could refuse..."
    "Yeah, we could."
    "What about..."
    "Well, that would count as..."

    Anyway, I don't want to tip my hand as to what the experiment is, because I need to do some research and see if it's been done already. And I need to do some general research, get some stats, interview some people.

    It would begin on January 1st, last a whole year (if we could make it) and change our lives completely.
    O's on board. But that's not surprising, considering what he does for a living, and what he reads for leisure.

    Oh, and there'd be a blog about it as well. Gotta check out copyrights.

    Anyway, this might not last past today. God knows I've had ideas die on the table.
    But this miiight be fun. And challenging. And I could at least get a magazine article out of it, if I shortened the timetable.

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Well I'm intrigued as hell!

    12:48 PM, November 21, 2006  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Going nudist, eh? Look out for pointy things.

    2:26 PM, November 21, 2006  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Well now i'm all a-twitter over what it could be.

    4:36 PM, November 21, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    It's about my family, isn't it?

    6:04 PM, November 21, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Cool, Bud! I'm hoping NPR and Oprah will be too. ;-)

    Heh. I have to look out for pointy thing without being nekkid...
    I mean, the boyos run around with sticks all the time. It's getting dangerous around here.

    A-twitter! hee! I live to make people a-twitter!

    Yes, Amusing, yes it is. I've already contacted a couple of movie producers, and now you can pretend that the disfunctional-family movie that most resembles your own is the one that's actually _about your own_. ;-)
    Amish mafia! Amish mafia! *snort*

    7:58 PM, November 21, 2006  
    Blogger Mama P wrote in a love letter...

    Are you going to eat nothing but soy and chocolate? Are you going to go to Catholic churches and confess fake sins? "I killed a rodeo clown and intentionally swerve to hit squirrels." Are you going to take a second job while the kids are at school and never tell anyone about it until your book is published? What is it? I'll stay tuned to find out. Nice to meet ya.

    8:20 PM, November 21, 2006  
    Blogger Mama P wrote in a love letter...

    PS: I personally never personally killed a rodeo clown or a squirrel. That was my attempt at lies. Oh, and my promises to eat healthy every day. Big. Fat. Lie.

    8:21 PM, November 21, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hey Mama P! I was thinking of training a flea cicus. Ok, there's my first lie. Show me the priest.

    Aw, you had me fooled. You've got the face of a hardened rodeo clown killer if I've ever seen one. Just don't kill any Clowncars, 'k?

    10:28 AM, November 22, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home