Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, November 03, 2006

    Idea for a Kid's Book

    Anyone know a good/cheap illustrator?

    Ok, one LAST creepy/kid-inspired post, and then Halloween will be out of my system.

    What can I say? the spirit hit me hard this year.

    This was inspired by Jack, who gleefully shouted the first line as he ran outside to play.

    Yeah, I know. Shoulda named him Pugsley.

    Now we have spiders for hands.
    We swing through the trees on vines of silk
    Catching the other kids.


    Now we have spiders for hands
    We never have to wash them
    They are self-cleaning.


    Now we have spiders for hands
    We used to endure kisses from old Aunt Doris
    She doesn't come around anymore.


    Now we have spiders for hands
    we play in the cellar
    unafraid of the dark.


    Now we have spiders for hands.
    We don't chew our nails
    They chew us.


    Now we have spiders for hands.
    No more broccoli
    We sip blood through our palms.


    Now we have spiders for hands
    And the bullies don't bother us
    But sometimes I miss my hands.

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    You know, that's really good. Seriously.

    Sipping blood through your palms, that's pretty horrendous. But hey, they're spiders. Whaddyagonnado?

    10:13 AM, November 03, 2006  
    Blogger Lucia wrote in a love letter...

    This is a great poem! Love it!

    2:31 PM, November 03, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I rather love that! Spiders for hands. I think we use to chant "shit for brains" at that age. Then we could have used spiders for hands to defend ourselves.

    2:35 PM, November 03, 2006  
    Blogger D_Man wrote in a love letter...

    I like it.
    I'm meant to be illustrating a book I did for my kids, but I'm very lazy. Should be finished by time they are in their 20s. Maybe.

    2:39 AM, November 04, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Right, Es, Whaddyegonnado? :-)

    Thanks, Lucia!

    *snort* Thats indefensible, Bud.

    D-man: I know what you mean. I have a couple of quilts that fall into that limbonic catagory.

    9:01 AM, November 04, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    That's a line worthy of Mr. Gaiman Hisself. Wow...step aside, Messers Gorey and Sendak, the Boyos Grimm are here!

    6:53 PM, November 04, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    love it -- when school's over, I'll take a crack at pictures!

    8:44 AM, November 06, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    I blush at yor praise, Mr. Ir. I work hard at bringing my sons up with Addams Family Values! ;-)

    Really, Amusing? I love your drawings! I have one in mind for the last verse. I need to polish a couple of the others. Cool!

    11:40 AM, November 06, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home