Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, October 26, 2006

    Six Past Midnight

    I was going to write about my most recent, often-alluded-to-never-elaborated-upon black-edged days, but, neh. Maybe tomorrow. I hate bellyaching anyway.


    And I'm working on that ghost story, honest and for true. It's a true story, and it starts in the bookstore, oh, about 13 years ago now. I promise you, it's a goody. Ask Des Moines Girl. I sent her an account of it last year.



    But right now, I'm thinking about the dr.'s appontment I have in the morning, and how I had to fight to get it moved to tomorrow, since it was going to be rescheduled for Nov. 30th, and I'm in some pain and, well, I don't really want to give this stuff another month to spread. I want it out of me. Now. I got stuff to do.



    I'll let you know when the surgery happens. That's the route I've decided to take. Tomorrow I tell my water-walking doctor, and hope she agrees.



    de nada.



    11 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    What can I say? I'm glad the weight of decision is off your mind. I hope it is as successful as it can be.
    Dantares.

    2:06 AM, October 26, 2006  
    Blogger D_Man wrote in a love letter...

    Six Past Midnight sounds like a good title for a ghost story.
    :)

    Hope you're pain-free sooner than later.

    2:46 AM, October 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, guys. I'm off through the snow now.

    (Oh, and Dantares, have you considered the Dungeon Economics of Terry Pratchett's Discworld? Perhaps the gods move the sentient ones at will, so they aren't stuck hanging out with *gulp* zombies and suchlike?)

    9:42 AM, October 26, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    Careful driving today.

    Lemme know when it's scheduled.
    /jo

    9:45 AM, October 26, 2006  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    I was going to make some lame joke about zombies, but I figure this posting warrants a more sober reponse. Good luck with the Dr., and I hope she concurs with you. We are all sending good, warm thoughts your way.

    Hey O, what are you doing here? And why are you walking so slowly? What's that you're eating? It looks like...brain...ahhh...aarrgg....erp!!!

    Sorry. Couldn't resist.

    11:30 AM, October 26, 2006  
    Blogger Lucky Star wrote in a love letter...

    Yikes. Good luck with the endometriosis junk...that is so shitty. I'm glad you got your boyos first. :)

    Will look forward to the ghost story!

    5:26 PM, October 26, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Glad you made a decision.
    Have courage! It will all be fine!

    5:44 PM, October 26, 2006  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    Because of the snow, I had to reschedule our dentist appts. to Tues. Yes, that's right, I am the sort of mother that makes her kids go to the dentist on Halloween. I had to do it because the ole insurance ends on Wed.

    I am hoping your surgery is soon and that the pain will be gone for a long time!

    7:16 PM, October 26, 2006  
    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    Take care - and if you need anything give me a call (will be home most of the day...) Hope the boyos enjoyed the snow as much as mine did...

    JT

    9:28 PM, October 26, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I'll be thinking of you all weekend, sweetie. Glad you're taking definite steps. I know how hard it is to decide. Looking forward tot he ghost story.

    4:50 AM, October 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Jo: Drive. Careful. Heh.

    Clowncar: aww, Zombie jokes are ALWAYS appropriate! Thanks for the warm thoughts. She does concur.

    L(i)S(a): :-) Thanks! Ghost story tomorrow-week.

    DMG: Thanks. And thanks for listening. *hug*

    Schmoop: That's just EVIL. ;-) What am I gonna do when you leave town?!

    JT: Thanks, hon. How was London? We need to schedule another night at the pub!

    Awww, thanks, Bud. I had a day like yours, as you will read.

    2:33 PM, October 27, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home