Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Sunday, October 22, 2006

    Odd Ends

    This morning:


    Sigh.

    What's wrong?

    I'm trying to suppress the desire to claw through the ceiling.

    Why? To gain a new perspective?

    I have no idea.


    ***


    Writing's going well, though.


    ***

    The bookstore is open. Without any advertising, O made a single, $2,000 sale today. I think the new location's going to work, don't you?


    ***

    Tomorrow, a ghost story for October. 'Tomorrow' being blogspeech for 'sometime next week when I get around to it.'


    Adieu.


    11 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Oh, so your tomorrow is like a Florida tomorrow! There's a lifetime of tomorrows ahead of us. Pick one. Glad the store is doing well! That's always scary.

    6:40 PM, October 22, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    So, my question then becomes: "Is he selling books or cocaine?"

    Wait, nevermind, they're the same thing. Both are insanely addictive, you can spend any amount of money you want, and you can never get enough, only with one you don't lose your job, your house, your family, or your testicles.

    7:03 PM, October 22, 2006  
    Blogger KelKel wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy, Schmoopie has converted me to your blogger religion. Please join me in my baptism by fire. No presents please, just comments and good wishes.
    KelKel

    7:05 PM, October 22, 2006  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    Pants- "claw through the ceiling"? You and what ladder, missy? Besides- it's all insulation and crap up there.

    8:59 PM, October 22, 2006  
    Anonymous O wrote in a love letter...

    It's easier to suppress a desire when one lacks the tools (or height) to reach said desire. She didn't even leave any claw marks up there. :)
    O

    9:43 PM, October 22, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    $2,000 sell?? And what EXACTLY is being sold at this *ahembookstoreahem*?

    2:40 AM, October 23, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    Careful about climbing through the ceiling. Seems like a lot of plaster. I'm not sure what plaster tastes good with.

    Fabulous start for the bookstore. I hope that to celebrate, you guys bought a bottle (or several) of frothy beverage(s) and drank it (instead of christening an inanimate object with frothy goodness and thereby wasting it.) (But you guys are sensible about such things.)

    I have a blog now. I made it because I spent much of the night writing on napkins. I think the sun is out now, but since I live in a basement, I'm not sure of this.

    Please forgive the username. It has no reference to person or persons you know. It is in reference to a hot, caffeinated beverage from whence the blog was born.
    /m

    7:57 AM, October 23, 2006  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    Seriously, what did he sell? Does it come with oral sex included? Cuz it should. I'm just sayin'.

    11:20 AM, October 23, 2006  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    That neighborhood is the one we first lived in, here in the Denver area. I love it! It was very good to us and I know your bookstore will do well there. I know why you want to claw through the ceiling, but I am not at liberty to say.

    5:53 PM, October 23, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Only one, Bud? I want them all. I want a buffet of tomorrows, and not a parrot in sight.

    Funny you should compare cocaine to books, Ir. The first you snort by the line, the second you sell by the linear foot, in this (book)case, 35 linar feet. God bless the pointed heads of interior decorators.

    Kelkel -- Welcome, sister. Kool-Aid's by the door.

    Heh. You a funny funny guy, Stucco.

    No claw marks where you can see them, dear.

    Books, Misfit Duckie; books books books!

    Another convert. Welcome, Jo. Latte's next to the Kool-Aid. No frothy beverages have been consumed in celebration or otherwise.

    35 linear feet of books, Es. 15 boxes. If they were naughty audio books, they'd come with aural sex.

    Do you, Schmoop? Hey, it's a free blog. Speak, oh glorious Schmoop, speak. :-)

    8:01 PM, October 23, 2006  
    Anonymous O wrote in a love letter...

    Uh, no. I don't blow anyone for buying books. I am grateful, but not _that_ grateful. Whore? Perhaps, but I do have my limits.
    Seriously, tho, it's just a lot of books. Average price is probably less than five bucks apiece. I could replace them all tomorrow from an outside source for two bucks apiece, or less - not those exactly, but that's what's nice about a used bookshop. The stock is always changing.
    O

    10:31 PM, October 23, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home