Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, October 17, 2006

    Now to Switch Gears Entirely

    I bring you, The Coolest Meme Ever.
    I'll risk my rep as an excellent blogwriter for this one.
    I love it because it brings together all my favorite things in life -- Music, Story, Synchronicity.


    Stolen from Poppy Z. Brite's site.

    IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
    1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
    2. Put it on shuffle
    3. Press play
    4. For every question, type the song that's playing
    5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
    6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool

    Opening Credits
    "Up on the Roof” James Taylor

    Waking Up
    "Valotte” Julian Lennon

    First Day at School
    "Hush Now (Stella's Tarantella)” Over the Rhine (They never could get me to stop telling stories)

    Falling in Love
    "Stay (Far Away, So Close!)” U2 (Fitting)

    Fight Song
    "Fire and Rain” James Taylor (Fight song!?!?)

    Breaking Up
    "No More I Love Yous” Annie Lennox

    Prom
    "Everything You Want” Vertical Horizon

    Life is Good
    "Come Away with Me” Nora Jones

    Mental Breakdown
    "Breakdown” Alan Parson's Project (I swear I didn't cheat)

    Driving
    "Learning to Fly” Pink Floyd

    Flashback
    "Late in the Evening” Paul Simon

    Getting Back Together
    "Running Out of Angels” Elvis Costello

    Wedding
    "May This Be Love” Emmy Lou Harris

    Paying the Dues
    "Taking My Business Elsewhere” Richard Thompson

    The Night Before the War
    "Uninvited” Alanis Morisette

    Final Battle
    "Wrecking Ball” Emmy Lou Harris

    Moment of Triumph
    "Chasing Cars” Snow Patrol

    Death Scene
    "Michaelangelo” Emmy Lou Harris

    Funeral Song
    "All I want Is You” U2

    End Credits
    "The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes” Elvis Costello *snort*


    10 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Finally, a meme I like! This is the first one I've ever done:
    Opening Credits
    My Stupid Mouth, John Mayer

    Waking Up
    Caladonia, Muddy Waters

    First Day at School
    Tambourine Man, Roger McGuinn

    Falling in Love
    To Be Alone, Bud Buckley

    Fight Song
    Let It Be, The Beatles

    Breaking Up
    I Can Wait, Steve Earl

    Prom
    Christmas Song, Dave Matthews

    Life is Good
    Good Day Sunshine, The Beatles

    Mental Breakdown
    What Was It You Wanted, Bob Dylan

    Driving
    Dreaming With a Broken Heart, John Mayer

    Flashback
    Independance Day, Lorna Bracewell

    Getting Back Together
    Let Go, Frou Frou

    Wedding
    I'm Gonna Find Another You, John Mayer

    Paying the Dues
    Climbing Up the Walls, Radio Head

    The Night Before the War
    This Love, Maroon 5

    Final Battle
    What Would You Have Me Do?, David Ford

    Moment of Triumph
    Exit Music, Radiohead

    Death Scene
    Ladder, Joan Osborne

    Funeral Song
    Jacob's hurricane, Bud Buckley

    End Credits
    This Seat's Been Taken, Steely Dan

    12:41 PM, October 18, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yay! I wanted to tag you specifically, but I know you don't do memes. Thanks!

    Funeral song's pretty fitting. :-)

    1:33 PM, October 18, 2006  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Even thinking about responding to this blog makes me tired.

    I'm back. Obviously. NYC was a song. Gershwin, specifically. Does that count?

    1:41 PM, October 18, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    HEH! What utter fun! Yeah, I gone and done it, and I ain't sorry, yer Honour!

    6:25 PM, October 18, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    Um. Er.

    I have no actual songs recorded onto my hard drive. I don't have an iPod. I still have cds. Do people use cds still? Will you let me know before they go the way of '45 records and 5 1/4 floppies?

    I wake up and find I am behind the bell curve. Again.

    Clearly, I have lost my geek status by being in health care. (Some of) Those people still think ball point pens are kind of neat.

    /m, who will come up with a blogger name at some point

    7:20 PM, October 18, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    You so totally cheated.

    CHeating cheater!

    YOu must have cheated -- those songs are just too damn perfect!

    I'll get around to this when my pod wakes up. And you will see how it's supposed to be done -- completely random and completely inappropriate.

    10:15 PM, October 18, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Oh no my dear Amusing, I did not cheat. If you'll recall from a previous meme, my superpower would be synchronicity; especialy in regards to music. Clowncar will vouch for me.
    Pay attention! They'll be a test at the end of this blog!

    Gershwin works for NY, Clowncar. But I expect a full report.

    Oh. My. God. Irr, yours is too funny!

    Naw. You're stil a geek, Anon.

    12:30 PM, October 19, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    Fer crying out loud. The first time I tried a reply, I couldn't do it until I logged into Blogger Beta.

    I have no .mp3 music whatsoever. My answer to Poppy's meme, which I saw earlier, btw, would just be a selection of tracks from Toad the Wet Sprocket's Bread and Circus CD, only a little out of order.

    7:27 PM, October 20, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Okay, this is me:

    Opening Credits
    “Walk” Burning Spear, Our Music

    Waking Up
    “Dangerously in Love” Beyonce

    First Day at School
    “Running Up That Hill” Kate Bush

    Falling in Love
    “Big Legs, Tight Skirt” John Lee Hooker

    Fight Song
    "Smile” Grant-Lee Phillips

    Breaking Up
    "Stop this Train” John Mayer, Continuum

    Prom
    "Oh My Love” John Lennon

    Life is Good
    "Have a Good Life Baby” Dusty Springfield

    Mental Breakdown
    "Car Song” Elastica

    Driving
    "I Found Love” The Free Design

    Flashback
    "Lullaby” Dixie Chicks, Taking the Long Way

    Getting Back Together
    "We All Sleep Alone” Cher, Believe

    Wedding
    "Hobo Blues” John Lee Hooker

    Paying Dues
    "Our Day Will Come” Jamie Cullum, Catching Tales

    The Night Before the War
    "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?” Paula Cole

    Final Battle
    “Respect” Aretha

    Moment of Triumph
    "I’m Bad Like Jesse James” John Lee Hooker

    Death Scene
    "Some of These Days” Sophie Tucker

    Funeral Song
    "We Belong Together” Rickie Lee Jones

    End Credits
    "Words” Shawn Colvin, These Four Walls

    9:41 AM, October 23, 2006  
    Anonymous Misfit duck wrote in a love letter...

    wow!! That is a variety of music!

    6:08 AM, October 29, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home